Manager, Salesforce Quality Assurance and Testing Lead
- USA Only
- 2 applicants (8%)
Title: Manager, Salesforce QA & Testing Lead (work from home)
Location: United States
About the job:
The Manager, Salesforce QA & Testing Lead role will be responsible for ensuring quality releases are delivered in a timely manner to internal Red Cross customers, specifically Training Services. This position manages a small, dedicated team of Salesforce QA engineers and testers, and will be responsible for establishing test automation best practices and the configuration of automated test infrastructure that will allow the team to regression test enhancements and bug fixes with a high degree of confidence and quality.
The Manager, Salesforce QA & Testing Lead will work with the team to build a library of test automation for various Salesforce instances using off-the- shelf ALM and CI (automation) toolsets. The QA team is responsible for delivering stable, tested code/configuration to production during release windows every sprint. This role requires careful coordination with the development team to ensure all bug fixes are checked in, each environment is stable and ready for use, customer communication is ongoing and open, and releases are properly tested, documented, and validated. You will be responsible for providing technical guidance, mentoring, and leading the team towards successful delivery of both enhancement and run & maintain projects.
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home with a preference to work an East Coast schedule. (Core Working Hours 9:00am-5:00pm Eastern)
What you will be doing:
• Manage the Salesforce QA team to define test strategies, tasks, estimates and testing execution to meet stakeholder requirements.
• Act as project leader and instruct and check the work of test engineering staff.
• Develop, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts and test methodologies to ensure compliance with system specifications.
• Perform in-depth and detailed investigations into data quality issues to discover the source of problematic data, and then suggest and develop solutions to improve/correct the data and reduce or eliminate the source of error.
• Maintain contact with outside vendors and 3rd party consultants in development and execution of test plans.
• Work closely with software developers to develop test specifications and build test cases to rigorously test product functionality and investigate all potential product test failures.
• Verify and validate defect fixes
• Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Perform complex test engineering activities throughout assigned software life cycle.
• Document test results, analysis reports, logs, and metrics.
• Recommend program improvements or corrections.
• Hands-on contributing tester in addition to team leadership responsibilities
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
• Actively participate in design and sprint planning sessions, offering relevant solutions and input.
• Estimate level of effort for stories and/or epics based on business requirements and knowledge of the platform.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
What we need from you :
• 8+ years Salesforce experience
• Management Experience: Minimum 3 years of supervisory or management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• Experience with Salesforce testing required
• Experience with automated regression testing tools like Selenium, Provar, Copado Robotic Testing preferred
• Experience with DevOps Tools like GIT, Flosum, etc.
• Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce1, Service Cloud, Experience Cloud (Communities) and AppExchange solutions
• Nice to Have – experience with Training Services ancillary products including Appinium LMS, Skedulo, CloudCraze
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and related tools (E.g. Jira) is required
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to manage time and work effectively within short development cycles
• Ability to work extended hours/on call support as needed to support any major outages or off-hours releases
- Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted). +++++++++++++++++
The legal stuff:
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Our Commitment to COVID-19 Safety: The American Red Cross requires all new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of Employment, except in states where it is prohibited by law. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment or seek an exemption. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation at the time of offer and your request must be approved prior to hire.
hat’s in it for you:
The annual salary range for this position is $130K – $135K. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed. Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location & experience.
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work, retirement, getting healthy and more. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
• Stay Healthy: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
• Relax with Time Away: PTO + Holidays
• Save for your Future: 401K with up to 4% Match
• Employee Assistance: 24/7 Mental Health Resources
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and Recognition: 1 year + 5 year
• Career Development: Pay for Performance, Ongoing Education