Lead QA Engineer
- USA Only
Location : US Locations Only
The ActionKit team at EveryAction needs you to help our clients win fights to make the world a better place.
ActionKit (actionkit.com) is used by over a hundred progressive groups and not-for-profits to help tens of millions of online supporters contact decision-makers, donate money, and take action online and offline. Our clients–the ACLU, MoveOn.org, and others–use our tools to protect immigrant rights, fight climate change, and more.
ActionKit is built and maintained by a small, tight-knit team at EveryAction, the company that provides Democrats and non-profits with a range of tools for digital campaigns, organizing, and fundraising. ActionKit has been around for over a decade, and the team has always worked together remotely.
Our small team is looking for a remote US-based Lead QA Engineer to take ownership of product quality, helping us consistently build and ship the tools that our clients need to change the world.
Does a new feature do what it says on the tin? Does it do justice to the original feature request? is the UI intuitive and responsive? What about corner cases and Little Bobby Tables? These are a few of the questions you’ll regularly wrestle with.
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
- You have a hunch where the needle’s hiding in the haystack, and ideas on how to root it out. You’re curious and creative. You enjoy breaking things. You’re ready to be our last defense against mistakes big and small.
- Quality is everyone’s job, we get that. We all take turns in the customer support seat, even the boss. Same with code review and unit tests. But at the end of the day, you can make the judgment calls on what goes out and what gets a rethink.
- When there’s a lull in the hands-on work, you have ideas for your own contributions. Maybe that’s automating a QA task, improving documentation, or even fixing an irksome bug. The team is flexible and informal. There’s room for you to find your niche.
- You have solid communication skills. You’ll coordinate with developers throughout the QA process. Our developers are capable, smart, and ship great work. And when you find an opportunity to enhance the product, it’s your feedback they work from.
- You have experience in software testing, software development, or grassroots advocacy campaigns. Experience with all three isn’t necessary, but understanding either the industry or the work will be a big head start. Either way, you probably know your way around a SQL query.
- You might not have experience in software development, but you are interested in getting your hands a bit dirty with ActionKit’s tech stack — which includes Python, Django, MySQL, and git.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We offer competitive compensation and a generous set of benefits, including 5 weeks of paid time off, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, 100% premium-paid health/dental/vision, employer retirement contributions, and an ongoing education allowance.
ActionKit is part of the EveryAction family, and our friendly and informal team has spent over a decade serving online progressive organizations and charities. And we’ve been all remote since the beginning.
Our clients — the ACLU, MoveOn.org, and others — use ActionKit to make society more equitable, protect immigrant rights, fight climate change, and more. Every year, tens of millions of dollars and send billions of emails to flow through ActionKit. We take pride in providing a great product and enjoy truly outstanding relationships with clients who trust us with their core operations.
If you see yourself here then we’d love to chat, please get in touch.