Embedded Test Automation Engineer
Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately 250M in venture capital including a recent Series D round by Andreessen Horowitz. Now surpassing a 1B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
About the opportunity
Flock is looking to add our first Embedded Test Engineer to our Device software team. Our Device team is made up of scrappy engineers who are responsible for all of the code running on a variety of devices Flock deploys in the real world. This position requires an experienced professional with an embedded software or firmware development background and testing. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
How You Will Take Flight With Flock
- Apply quality engineering standard methodologies to define a test strategy based on business requirements, architecture, and technical specifications.
- Consistently drive the quality and health of solutions with an appreciation of quality code and development processes.
- Create and implement testing methods, record results, and provide recommendations to improve quality.
- Build an automated test suite that supports component, communication, and functional validation
- Perform and execute end to end validation of components and lower-level changes.
- Collaborate across teams to understand release level changes, requirements, and use cases to execute and improve test plans.
- Work with the hardware team to integrate and complete tests, as well as ensure quality integration of hardware, firmware, and software
- Hands on experience with test case and test plan development
- Hands on experience with test execution and management tools
- Experience qualifying embedded Linux, Android, or IOT devices
- Experience testing Linux or Android devices
- Are excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product.
- Be able to crack a joke every now and then, even if you're the only one who laughs.
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company, take what you need vacation policy, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth mission-driven startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time.