Director of Technical Quality Assurance - FULLY REMOTE
We're a $60MM rapidly scaling DTC metabolic optimization company who is seeking a seasoned Director of Technical Quality Assurance who thrives on diving into details and building Automated QA to ensure our healthy lifestyle applications and website are 100% flawless and ready to launch. We're a 100% remote, self-funded team of ~150 in our 11th year and have grown 300% since 2019. We are on the profitable path to becoming a billion-dollar brand by 2025. However, to achieve our goal, we need a world-class Technical QA Manager who can own the review of all our digital products, manage details with a keen eye, collaborate with our development team to resolve issues, and build a state-of-the-art AI-driven automatic QA process to ensure perfect User Experience (UX) every time.
The ideal candidate has at least 7-10+ years' experience successfully scrutinizing applications and building automated QA processes using Selenium or similar tools to consistently raise the bar on performance. Wrike, Jira and other collaborative project management processes, with a strong background in SDLC in an agile/Scrum environment should be like a second language. Excited to dive into everything QA, you thrive on doing the work, collaborating with the Dev/Ops team, love building automation from the ground up and creating a world-class QA team supporting the launch of digital products on iOS + Android app stores, custom applications, and a scalable e-commerce website.
You thrive being 100% accountable for ensuring a perfect final deliverable, are incredibly organized, solve problems quickly, are a perceptive listener, communicate clearly and get energized by diving deep into details. You're driven to deliver on time, within defined specifications, and support the technical team... with a smile. You are passionate about health and wellness; it plays a huge role in your life and you're highly energized at the prospect of aligning your personal passion with your professional quality control super-power.
Hello, my name is Luis Mata, CTO of Metabolic Living, and I need your help. I was hired to transform the company's technical operations so we could fulfill against our aspirational mission. We've doubled our team and migrated to a state-of-the-art engineering approach that combines agile/scrum for SDLC with DevOps to improve development and delivery. However, we need an expert Quality Assurance Director to lead and improve our QA processes, develop QA Automation, and have the gumption to do it all yourself as you build a QA team. You'll make an immediate positive impact company-wide by being the safety net for our most important technical projects, ensuring a clean launch.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation : $150k - $175k + Bonus
- Location : 100% Remote (virtual team of 150+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits : Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + Unlimited PTO
- Hours : 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (to standardize our rhythms)
- Culture : Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality : Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
What Will You Be Working On?
The list of strategic projects that need robust QA is exciting:
- E-commerce Platform - We're launching our new brand on a new, highly customized e-commerce platform that supports both organic sales as well as those driven by our extremely high volume of paid advertising ($3MM+ per month). This is a complex project with many stakeholders with whom you'll need to collaborate with and provide detailed feedback.
- Salesforce - We have a 50+ person internal phone sales team and have implemented phase 1 of Salesforce to empower their efforts; however, to reach their fullest potential, we have several robust enhancements for phase 2 and beyond.
- Flagship Digital Product - We're also launching our flagship digital product that helps people optimize their metabolism with an individualized nutrition, exercise and lifestyle plan that's customized to how their unique metabolism works... this requires complex QA to parse through complex logic about the metabolism and to deliver that in a seamless UX.
What's Our Culture Like?
We have a human-first culture that puts the needs of our team first. We combine dedicated time for deep work to deliver world-class performance with a standard set of rhythms that allow us to stay in alignment, be transparent and eliminate office politics. These aren't just talking points - we've implemented specific policies, like:
- Standard 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly check-ins to brainstorm, align on priorities and remove bottlenecks
- No meetings the first week of the month to gain momentum for the month ahead
Who Are We and How Are We Different?
Our mission is to make living healthy easier than living unhealthy. Right now, it's the opposite, which is why so many people struggle. We solve this by empowering people to fix their own health with our metabolism-first framework, optimization process and supporting ecosystem. Our goal is to become the Apple of your metabolism - everything's integrated... and it just works.
There are 3 things that make us different than other brands in the health and wellness space:
- Metabolism-First - After 11 years of trial-and-error with millions of people, we've found that once you optimize your metabolism, you get the results you want: feeling your best, looking your best, performing your best and living longer. Your metabolism is your inner compass for health, but most people don't understand how to read it; once you do, it'll tell you exactly what helps you thrive... and what acts like Kryptonite to stay away from.
- Individualized-Approach - Paleo may work great for one person, Vegan or Keto for another. Everyone's different, so to achieve results that stick, those differences must be respected; if not, things will backfire. Our approach is 100% customized to the individual - there is no perfect program to find , it must be built for that specific person and support their unique metabolism. This is where so many of the one-size-fits-all solutions fail today - they don't respect our very real individual differences.
- Integrated Ecosystem - It's simply too hard to live healthy - lots of great individual solutions, but nothing is connected. One company for exercise. Another for nutrition. Another for supplements, etc. You're left to stitch everything together, which is confusing. So, we simplify everything with an integrated ecosystem of products and services to optimize your metabolism. We started with nutrition, moved into exercise, then supplements, then coaching and are constantly pulling in new pieces of the health puzzle.
What's Our Past and Future?
Our company may be a bit confusing at first, but it's because we built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program in 2012, then our first exercise program in 2014 and then launching our full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, subscriptions, memberships, 1-on-1 coaching and more. Currently, these are all marketed separately under different DTC websites and brands in a direct response manner.
However, now everything's being centralized under our new brand, Metabolic , with our flagship e-comm website launching in December on Metabolic.com, with our app launching shortly thereafter. Normally, companies launch with a brand and then figure out how to make money. We did that in reverse - creating products that solve specific problems first, scaling that up to fund building out our team and infrastructure, and then retrofitting the brand on top. Now that's done, it's time to scale up.
What Value Will You Deliver?
- Establish Accountability - By serving as technical goalie, you will protect the User Experience (UX) because it IS the impression our customers have of us. Create/execute test cases (manually and by building automation), analyze results and provide the development team a clear path for improving and issues.
- Improve Quality - By defining issues and documenting requirements, you will help the tech team deliver quicker and create an overall better User Experience. Troubleshoot, report bugs, and search for "root cause" to prevent future bugs.
- Accelerate Delivery - By actively Collaborate with Developers to create effective strategies and testing plans. Ensure a strong commitment to on-time, reliable and effective delivery of all assigned project deadlines.
- Team Player - Do what it takes to get the job/project done. High degree of professionalism, collaboration, effective communication teamwork and individual contributor skills
What are the Requirements?
- 7-10+ Years QA Build It and Do It experience - You've led QA feedback for complex technical projects from end-to-end throughout the full project lifecycle and know precisely how to collaborate to build a perfect system.
- Agile/SCRUM - You're steeped in Sprint Development, working with a team to accelerate delivery, stay on time and deliver according to defined specifications.
- E-commerce - You're fluent with e-commerce front-end UX/UI designs and detailing out acceptance criteria for features and know how to map out development work.
- Digital Product / App - You've successfully QA-ed several digital products for iOS and Android app stores and have deep wisdom on how to ensure digital products are set up properly
- Driven to Excellenc e - You've got an ownership mentality with an inner drive to excellence that other people who aren't built that way find disturbingly intense :-)
- Exceptional Communication Skills - You are a perceptive listener, quickly synthesize disparate elements and formulate an action plan that can be clearly articulated to others