Technical Project Manager
The Giving Block is a venture capital funded business that makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax efficient way to support their favorite causes. We work with 1,200+ nonprofits and have processed millions of dollars in cryptocurrency giving.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency!
How would you like to work on something meaningful for an innovative team that’s making cryptocurrency accessible for nonprofits? We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who will help the technical team to coordinate their work. The Giving Block is entering a new phase of growth, and this is a unique opportunity to join a proven and maturing business, as a key member of the development team.
In this role you will manage in-house product development and integrations with our ecosystem partners. From our widget, donation platform, API and dashboards, the Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring all of our products are delivered on time and with high quality. You will help the team to prioritize, scope and to schedule work. Together with the Director of Engineering you will plan and assess team resources and projects. The PM will be responsible for communication with key stakeholders and management of their expectations. Your team will consist of software engineers, QAs, a product manager and a UI/UX designer, based primarily across the US and Europe.
- Over 5 years working as a PM in the software development area.
- Familiarity with the Agile way of working, you have an experience of playing a Scrum Master role and building Agile processes for tech teams.
- Strong track record of effectively managing distributed, fully remote teams.
- Able and experienced to handle multiple ongoing projects.
- International work and communication experience.
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken.
- Interest/experience in blockchain, cryptocurrency and/or nonprofits
- Track record of managing projects in payment, fintech or crypto projects
- You are familiar with working in a startup environment
- You’ve worked in tech roles before embarking on the project manager path
- Technical integrations experience (as a coordinator, negotiator)
- PMP, Agile certification
- Strategic planning, project scheduling and full project lifecycle management.
- Dealing with all the stakeholders on a project from the in-house team to external partners and vendors.
- Project risk assessment and escalation of problems to senior stakeholders.
- Lead sprint planning and retro sessions, help the team to build and improve Agile processes.
- Identify resources needed for tech team success.
- Monitor and report on the project’s progress to stakeholders.
- Care about project documentation.
- Mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent in the technology department.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages (salary, benefits, stock options, etc.)
- Remote First: Flexible work location and hours
- Paid vacation days and company-wide holidays
- Company issued laptop and equipment
- Fast paced environment without bureaucracy
- Annual company retreat
We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology!