Technical Project Manager
- 10 applicants
Technical Project Manager, Fair Play
DESIGN / PRODUCT
Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 400+ fully remote people in 45+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are also growing fast, with almost 100 million players choosing Chess.com as their online chess home.
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission- driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You love project management, seeing software get made, and chess. You enjoy the details of processes, reports, and data. You love chess and want to be part of keeping the game free from cheating. You know what all of these things mean: Stockfish, depth 24, evals, T1, ACPL. You’ve thought about what Chess.com’s “anti-cheat” technology and processes might be like, and would enjoy being deep in those weeds. You have been working in project management in software, gaming, content, or business projects for years, and it would be a dream for you to use your talent and experience to work on chess. You want to work for a passion-driven company full of warm, funny, brilliant, diverse humans.
What You’ll Do
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to execute on the Fair Play tech roadmap
- Improve documentation across the Fair Play department
- Generate reports, data, and findings from Fair Play research and actions
- Help identify dependencies, constraints, and sequence work as efficiently as possible
- Support the Fair Play team
- 5+ years of project and/or technical management
- Self-organizing, self-starting, proactive, and curious person
- Understanding of the chess landscape (players, news, and community)
- Significant experience with project management tools (JIRA, Trello, Monday, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in process and documentation
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants who can overlap with US or EU business hours