Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager – Remote
Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
What you will be doing:
- Set up project management tools and best practices for the entire lifecycle of software products, from software development to design and marketing.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Ensure each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines; make adjustments as needed.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; predict hiring needs; initiating corrective action.
- Track milestones, deliverables, and change requests.
- Prepare contingency plans and incorporate them into strategic planning.
- Serve as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
- Support and participate in operational risk discussion.
We’re looking for someone that has:
- An established background in project managing software products in partnership with engineering teams
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- A high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scaled Agile Frameworks, and principles (experience as a scrum master is a plus)
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach.
- A high degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
- Experience working in the blockchain industry is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills
- You’re a servant leader that enables and encourages co-workers to share their ideas regardless of their seniority or position in the company.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity