Senior Product Designer/Researcher
Since we launched in 2019, CapIntel has been on a mission to elevate finance to build wealth for all; this means helping advisors better support their clients so they feel at ease knowing their future is secure. We have mastered the client experience around investments and are working with some of the largest wealth brands in North America to modernize their sales processes with innovative Wealth Tech. CapIntel's sales enablement platform helps enterprises bridge crucial efficiency and communication gaps by enhancing how advisors and wholesalers analyze, present, and sell investments to retail investors. CapIntel is expanding rapidly, having achieved over 750% in growth in 2021, and we are continuing to build our team to support our transformative impact on the wealth industry.
We make UX for the way users behave, not how we think they should
Through research and problem-solving, a big part of our product's success comes from understanding and empathizing with those who use our product. Therefore, we are seeking a Product Designer/Researcher who can create seamless and effortless, high-quality customer experiences. This position plays a critical support role on the team to ensure that projects undertaken by Capintel are researched, usable and accessible, are designed and implemented using modern UX techniques, and meet the vital standards of efficiency. The ideal candidate is a resourceful problem solver with an analytical angle and a team player who values innovation and has solution- oriented approaches.
As a Senior Product Designer/Researcher:
What you will do
- Gathering project requirements — Apply research skills and work with internal teams and users to specify objectives of project requirements, determine the most critical research questions, and arrive at a clear POV on essential needs
- Developing research — Develop research exercises to evaluate wireframes and prototypes to improve understanding of the current context and create a new understanding of changing user needs
- Collaborating with the team —Playing a crucial part in product development by collaborating and supporting the product team members, especially the other product researchers in the team to understand the contexts, audience, and experiences.
- Defining user insights — Employ various methods to discover in-depth insights regarding our existing and prospective users' behaviours and research new ways to find these insights. Accordingly, conduct user research to define user personas, and map user journeys
- Finding pain points — Collect and apply user issues/constraints knowledge to design interactive solutions for the product
- Creating a research-based user experience — Design and deliver high-fidelity mockups and prototypes through the gathered information from the research results and metrics, with a clear rationale on how the research results and analytics are reflected on every fragment, feature, and component in the design
- Specify the need for user research/testing and oversee the process. Accordingly, conducting user research to discover insights, define user personas, and map user journeys
- Other role-related duties, as assigned — We're a growing company and know that this role will continue to evolve, develop, and expand based on your growth of capabilities!
- 4 years + working as a product designer and user experience researcher on digital products
- Experience driving an end-to-end product research program; planning, recruitment, execution, analysis, and delivery
- Being a fast learner with an appetite for creating simple and complex financial digital solutions
- A strong understanding of the psychological basis of user research
- Having an excellent technical insight with an understanding of front-end technologies and how to regard them into your work constraints; knowing when to push boundaries
- Deep understanding of the principles of product design and research, information architecture, user-centered design, and usability. And employing practical skills, techniques, and strategies for their application
- Ability to present an excellent explanation for design decisions through solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance several research projects simultaneously at various stages
- Proficiency with design and collaboration tools such as Figma
- Having powerful design skills, both in UX and UI
- Previous experience working in Wealth Management and the Financial sector is a plus but not required.
- Bold, gritty, and curious character
We know that what matters most is a positive attitude, a hunger to learn, and the drive to create quality work and get results. While we value experience and specific kinds of knowledge, we also know that sometimes it's a roundabout career journey. And if you're not sure you meet the experience requirements for this position, but you know in your gut that you've got what it takes to bring this role to the next level, we'd like to hear from you! Tell us in a cover letter that your resume and job titles may not show what we are looking for, but you have the capability to be successful in this role.
Our compensation portfolio
- Salary : We're proud to offer a fair, competitive, and equitable process to determining your salary that is based on your skills, knowledge, experience and internal equity. You can rest assured that we will present you our best salary offer so you don't have to worry about playing the negotiation game.
- Benefits : Our comprehensive benefit package is available from your first day and if something doesn't quite meet your needs, we also offer a generous healthcare spending allowance.
- Time away from work : We love working at CapIntel, but we also love our lives outside of work. We offer competitive vacation days, lifecare days, and company holidays and build in some flexibility too!
- Professional growth: We thrive on building our career journeys by learning, mentoring and experiencing through our jobs, our colleagues and our leadership team. Not only do we encourage it, but we also enforce a culture that ensures we thrive, grow and evolve.
- Belonging: We respect, appreciate and celebrate our individuality. And we know that our diverse perspectives further each other and our business along the path towards greatness. We find ways to socialize, build a sense of community (even if it is across the country!) and challenge each other to share creativity in our "safe-to-fail" environment. We're committed to making sure you know you're appreciated for exactly who you are.
Where we work
- Remote first: We trust our teammates to find the work location that allows them to do their best work – remotely or in person. We're a Canadian based, remote-first environment, with offices in Gatineau, QC and Halifax, NS and hubs of virtual employees in Southern Ontario (and a few others scattered across Canada). We do find value in our teammates being able to connect, collaborate, learn from and mentor one another, so we may request you to travel to a central location for periodic team meetings.
- Eastern time zone : We operate in the Eastern Time Zone and trust you to manage your work responsibilities in the time that supports your teammates, feeds your ingenuity, and creates a sustainable and healthy balance with your personal life.
- Equipment set up : We'll set you up with your choice of PC or Mac, and provide you with a $750 equipment spending account to purchase the additional equipment you need to set up your virtual space and do your best work.
How we work
These principles guide our decisions towards our common goal of success.
- Prioritize & Execute
Equity, diversity and accessibility
CapIntel believes that all dimensions of diversity are a strength, and that we have a role to play in actively reducing and eliminating systemic barriers to employment equity. We believe in equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, language, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family and marital status, neurodivergence, national origin, and age. We cultivate an inclusive workplace where people excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
If you require an accommodation that will reduce a barrier to your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our Talent & Employee Experience teammates will work with you on options to ensure you are set up for success.