New York, New York, United States
Brands and Properties – Projects
Wasserman is a global sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing agency with expertise in creating connections between brands, properties, talent, and consumers. Today, Wasserman offers global expertise in Athlete Management, Marketing, and Media. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman has offices in New York, Miami, Encinitas, Raleigh, Portland, London, Toronto, Dubai, and Mexico City.
Wasserman Marketing is looking for a motivated individual to join the Brands + Properties Projects team. We’re looking for an ambitious Project Manager, Operations that would be responsible for supporting the operations, systems, and commercial side of the projects team. This position would be involved in scoping, coordinating, and reporting on resourcing and client profitability. Understanding how ‘the business operates’, the individual be the glue between with all the Project Managers/Leads and team leadership.
In addition, we are a company whose culture is of high priority. We work in a fast-paced environment, and the ideal candidate should not only be technically savvy, but will have a high EQ to be people and team focused. We’ll need them to hit the ground running, thrive in a demanding atmosphere and work collaboratively in a team environment. Immense opportunity for growth!
- Develop an understanding of the Projects Team’s core products and capabilities (both Brands and Properties) in terms of expertise and staffing required, necessary deliverables, project timelines and pricing.
- Construct detailed project resourcing plans to allow for efficient staffing of project team members.
- Responsible for the successful implementation and ongoing execution of a new project resourcing process across a global Projects Team utilizing multiple platforms.
- Meticulously track business performance across multiple platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Work Day, etc.) including accurate time reporting, appropriate resource assignments, educated project projections and the ability to speak to all project variances.
- Build and maintain the team’s capabilities and areas of each individual’s development – to find the best outcomes for Wasserman and team member
- Demonstrates the ability to assess the changing landscape and constantly reevaluates priorities for staffing as new opportunities arise.
- Ensure a full understanding of the current benefits and repercussions of altering the process to fit project and client constraints. Important to challenge the status quo to find new opportunities to make the Projects team more effective and efficient
- Responsible for the accurate identification and reporting of potential risks or blockages in workflow within a system of work.
- Operate with transparency, always escalating the appropriate issues, while maintaining a solutions-oriented approach.
- Develop reporting and provide weekly updates to leadership team on staffing utilization, revenue, profitability, and variance versus projected outcomes.
- Make recommendations based on findings to optimize utilization and profitability of Projects Team.
- May take on specialized roles or projects to assist the team such as working directly with HR, IT, Project Management vendors to execute on Project team’s behalf.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-5 years of project management or operations experience within agency environments
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite, particularly with PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in financial analysis, data management and related software (MS Excel, project leadership software, database applications, etc.)
- Knowledge of agency workflows and inter-office operations
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams
- Must be able to multi-task and self-manage to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Must be flexible and react calmly under stressful circumstances
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to think creatively in a team environment.
Wasserman Media Group is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education and experience.
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!