Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world- class games across multiple platforms, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role- playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Lead planning efforts for projects and drive the execution of work efforts to develop quality software products following the creative vision of 2K Games. Be responsible for the project timeline and budget and collaborate closely with producers to manage project scope and ensure quality. Ensure process consistency across teams and be accountable for the relevancy and accuracy of project information. Candidates should be self-motivated, highly organized, and possess strong leadership, communication, and time management skills. This role requires the management of multiple projects simultaneously.
What You Will Do
- Ensure standard operating processes and procedures are understood and followed across projects in the product development organization
- Coach team members and implement standard methodologies in the usage of project management, documentation, and file-sharing tools and repositories
- Create and manage team-level and project-level dashboards to plan work efforts and communicate progress in a consistent manner
- Generate and maintain Kanban/Scrum boards for the team’s projects and ensure tasks are created with sufficient detail and are kept up to date
- Facilitate sprint planning, task prioritization, backlog grooming/refinement, and retrospective/post-mortem sessions for projects
- Create and maintain product roadmaps and timelines and ensure dates and dependencies are clearly defined and remain accurate
- Identify potential roadblocks in the project’s critical path and work with the team to make sure decisions are clearly communicated and documented
- Maintain project documentation so that information is accurate, relevant, and remains up to date
- Templating and standardizing project tasks to support a repeatable process for organizing, planning, and completing projects
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- Demonstrated ability in project management with proven experience in digital products or commercial software development
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban) and experience with their implementation
- Knowledge and expertise with the Atlassian Suite (Confluence/Jira)
- Experience with the Google Suite (Docs/Sheets/Slides) for project documentation
- Extensive project management experience, developing and managing schedule, scope, budget, resource plans, issues, risks, communications, quality/testing plans, and release plans
- Game development experience with AAA products
- Agile/Scrum (CSM/CSPO) or PMP certification
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.