Product Quality Analyst
As a Product Quality Analyst at Fleetio, your job is to participate in building remarkable solutions for complex problems. You’ll achieve this by assessing our products' business functionality, design, usability, and overall quality. You’ll be the voice of the customer, and you’ll champion the user experience in everything you do. You’ll own the Fleetio standard for quality, and you’ll play a major role in helping us create value for our customers.
You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and Product Marketers to perform discovery, build, ship, and refine our product. You’ll be an expert in our products and have a deep understanding of how they integrate as a whole. In addition, you’ll collaborate with several other Fleetio teams to help identify, troubleshoot, recreate, and resolve issues and escalations.
As this team grows, we're looking for a highly organized, observant, and persistent team member who notices the little things and sweats the small stuff. Someone who excels at understanding complex business problems, can pinpoint the root cause of issues and can identify inconsistencies in design and functionality. Someone who can articulate trade-offs and can communicate difficult feedback. Remember to mention coffee in your application so we know you read this.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations worldwide manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up daily.
More about our team and company:
- Watch our culture videos: https://fleet.io/culture
- Fleetio overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://www.fleetio.com/features
- Our careers page: https://www.fleetio.com/careers
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and champion product quality and user experience
- Ensure timely and high-quality release of our features to our customers
- Build customer trust by contributing to the improvement of the software quality
- Manage multiple testing initiatives for both new features and iterative enhancements in our web, mobile applications and APIs
- Collaborate with the Product Management, Product Marketing, Design, and Engineering teams to validate product specifications
- Work closely with the engineering teams to identify and resolve escalated issues within the product
- Suggest opportunities for process improvements across the team
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. About half of our product, engineering, and design teams work remotely, and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012)
- Collaborate in a transparent environment where you are provided the necessary tools, processes, and encouragement to excel daily.
- You get to be heard by colleagues who are eager to apply the best practices and ideas you bring to the table and who will share theirs as well.
- Solve problems, make things break, and then fix them.
- At least 2 years of experience working for a software company focused on QA or Tier II/ Tier III support.
- Experience working with project management and issue-tracking software systems
- Ability to multitask and context-switch within a fast-paced, dynamic, and evolving environment
- You’re a team player, and you enjoy collaborating with multiple project owners across multiple departments
- You can understand and solve complex problems, and you enjoy doing so
- You communicate succinctly and effectively both written and verbally
Considered a plus
- You know a thing or two about the Fleet industry
- You have experience with automated testing frameworks
- You have experience testing mobile applications on Android and iOS
- You have worked with Asana and Jira
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012