Product Manager, Growth
At Fleetio, we believe that building remarkable software requires great product management. As a Product Manager at Fleetio, it’s your job to move the product forward in search of happy and productive customers. This is a demanding but rewarding role that requires an abundance of curiosity, skill, and leadership.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations worldwide manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market, and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up daily.
You’ll own key parts of the software development process: researching the details of how something should work, defining and prioritizing user stories, talking to customers, and working with product designers and engineers to build remarkable solutions. This specific role will be part of a cross- functional team responsible for the strategy, roadmap, and delivery of product-led growth initiatives across our web and mobile platform.
Product Management is a fairly technical role at Fleetio. While you won’t be coding, we expect PMs to have a fundamental understanding of how web applications and many of the underlying technologies work. You should be comfortable with data - knowing how to instrument systems to collect data and build queries to analyze it.
What you'll be doing
- Talk to customers and know the market, the product line, and the competition extremely well. You’ll learn to finish our customers’ sentences, which means talking to many of them to understand the root of a problem — and all variations of it.
- Make strategic decisions. You will be expected to build and execute a product roadmap that achieves a strategic vision. The Product Manager is the decision-maker, the person who can take a variety of inputs and skillfully decide what actions must take place immediately, next, and never.
- Research and spec out how things should work. Explain the obvious. Engineering shouldn’t have to ask a million questions when they start working on a feature.
- Organize feedback, bugs, and ideas into a development backlog. You’ll use tools like Whimsical or Figma to prototype creative solutions and work with designers and developers to refine and implement them.
- Communicate internally and externally. You will help write documentation, deliver updates to other Fleetio teams, craft marketing messaging, assemble presentations, contribute to white papers, and more.
What's in it for you
- Build software used by users all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet daily, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. About half of our product, engineering, and design teams work remotely, and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
More about our team and company:
- Watch our culture videos: https://fleet.io/culture
- Fleetio overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://www.fleetio.com/features
- Our careers page: https://www.fleetio.com/careers
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, managing software products from inception through launch and iteration on an agile software team
- 2+ years in a growth-specific PM role delivering results on activation, retention, or expansion metrics in a high-growth B2B environment
- Business savvy — You have a deep understanding of the software purchasing decision process and how to enable our customers to execute their mission
- Excellent skills with data — you have the ability to define and interpret growth KPIs that back up assumptions, drive actions, and confirm impact
- Strong strategic decision-making — you will need to decide what to build and why — which isn't just about listening to customers tell you what features they want
- Strong technical background that enables you to convey product requirements to engineers and relay complicated details to non-technical colleagues and customers
- Natural leadership and influence across all levels and disciplines of the organization
- Excellent organization and communication skills — this role is all about communicating while efficiently managing projects with many moving parts
- “Spidey-sense” product instinct and creativity — the ability to suggest approaches that have not been thought of but immediately strike everyone as obvious when they hear them
- Fundamental understanding of good UX design — you’re compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
- Natural curiosity and empathy — always looking to understand problems and challenges deeply
- Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Remote working friendly since 2012