Product Manager, Digital Asset Security
- 8 applicants (16%)
Product Manager, Digital Asset Security
London, United Kingdom
Ripple is a crypto solutions company that is driving a new era in finance, doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value, and in the short term its development will create powerful gains in financial efficiency, access and inclusion, using cryptocurrency as a universal asset. Long term it will launch – just as the original internet did – new industries that bring people and places closer together, and this time related to money, and every other kind of value as well: from stocks to art, scientific discoveries to commodities, votes to intellectual property, and more.
To get value to move like information moves today, we build on and support the development of one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable and reliable public blockchains. We build everything with both an inclusive vision and pragmatism, so while others are incrementally improving the digital economy through apps and technical workarounds, our team is fundamentally re- engineering the way value moves. It’s already driving new efficiencies to help businesses be more successful and diverse, helping people make the most of their money – and we’ve only begun to discover what it’s capable of doing.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavk, Washington D.C., and Dubai, we have more than 500 global employees and hundreds of customers (including some of the world’s biggest banks) in more than 55 countries and six continents.
The Role :
The Product Manager will be responsible for core functional aspects of defining our product strategy and development in the digital asset security space, including protection, access, support and functionality. The ideal candidate is data-driven, process oriented, technically adept and has a proven track record of achievement.
Responsibilities include product expertise, the creation of product requirements, project schedules and supporting materials in partnership with engineering, design, legal, compliance, content and service teams. The product manager provides day-to-day cross-functional leadership to ensure the timely delivery of projects which meet established feature, usability, content and quality requirements.
The successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability and willingness to balance client needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions. They must also have exceptional project management skills.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design, legal, finance, marketing, compliance and other teams to develop and steer product strategy, roadmaps, and business plans
- Execute all phases of the product development lifecycle (e.g., lead the development of new product features and initiatives from ideation and MVP through to scale)
- Perform research and competitive analysis to gain market insights across the industry
- Define and analyze metrics, and iterate quickly to deliver superior UX. Be the ultimate owner of product performance and business impact
- Write technical PRDs, manage backlogs, and effectively prioritize new features vs. tech debt
- Develop product documentation, specifications, wireframes, site-maps, and process flows
- Engage in extensive User Acceptance Testing, ensuring products are built to requirements
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Engage with customers to understand their problems and how best to solve them
- Experienced product manager; preferably in crypto, tech, fintech or financial services
- Self-described as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious
- Strong quantitative and analysis skills, including SQL and a language like Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects affecting many functions, including product, engineering, finance, legal, compliance, and support
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter that is outstanding at building relationships and collaborating with peers, senior leaders, and cross-functionally to prioritize and produce not only great results, but also great experiences doing the work
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user experience best practices, including:
- Experience writing specs, PRFAQs, PRDs and creating roadmaps with product and engineering team members
- Experience designing/documenting REST APIs with modern tools, e.g. OpenAPI
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices, including ticket management in tools like JIRA
- Strategic thinker who applies creativity to problem solving, and handily takes a big idea from thought through to execution with a track record of success breaking down and solving ambiguous problems
- Proven success building product experiences
- Deep empathy about the end-user experience and creating business value
- Experience in either (or both) traditional finance and the digital asset / crypto space, including experience working in a regulated environment and collaborating with legal and compliance teams
- Understanding of custody, credit, and settlement mechanisms and networks
- Familiarity with Multi-Party Computation (MPC), Hardware Security Modules (HSM’s) and Role-based Access Controls (RBAC)
- Background in computer science, software engineering or applied mathematics
- Experience building and leading teams
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting – business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns – please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.