- USA Only
Title: Product Manager
Who We Are
For 20+ years, SPINS’ mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
ClearCut Analytics is a leading provider of retail analytics for CPG brands. With over $50B in eCommerce and Amazon sales data analyzed, our intelligence delivers actionable insights into today’s complex retail marketplace to power successful product innovation, optimize cross-channel performance, and outmaneuver an expanding set of competitors. Beyond ClearCut’s technology, our team of experts ensure companies are equipped with a roadmap and partner for success in the digital era for consumer goods.
ClearCut has chosen SPINS as a strategic partner to drive market acceleration, in-market execution, and product development. This is a highly strategic investment to accelerate SPINS’ omnichannel e-commerce strategy.
We are now one SPINS.
SPINS builds high-octane software products which help brands and retailers companies reach their customers. We do this by leveraging industry-leading understanding of the Natural, Organic, and Specialty Products Retail Market to generate powerful insights and develop profitable growth solutions for brands and retailers of all sizes. We correlate data with precision to deliver insights and recommended actions that no one else can provide.
We are seeking a Product Manager to lead our teams in building world class products alongside our talented team.
Data gives our partners and our clients superpowers, and SPINS leads the industry on finding unique, actionable insights from data we gather. Expanding customer use cases, building new related products, and expanding the ways in which we use the data we both gather and create is fundamental to unlocking our and our client’s potential. This role is critical to our success at doing all the above, by ensuring that we are doing what is most important each day.
You will work as part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team, gaining and sharing insight with other experienced professionals. You will see many aspects of the SPINS business. You will have a direct impact on SPINS growth and delivering major new capabilities for our customers. You will have ownership and be given incredible opportunity for professional growth.
The ideal candidate will be exceptional in communication, analytic problem solving, and navigating ambiguity. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, can operate within periods of limited guidance, and is a creative problem solver. The candidate will be comfortable working with a distributed team, working with inverse stakeholders and helping everyone stay focused on the right priorities. The candidate will have high standards for themselves and others. They will be constantly looking for ways to improve product performance, quality, and cost.
What You Will Do
- Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning, research, development, and to full scale
- Own and be an advocate for your product roadmap and backlog
- Drive priorities and requirements through market analysis, voice of the customer feedback, and alignment with SPINS strategic objectives
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technology and UX to deliver world class customer experiences
- Plan new builds, engage in design discussions, ensure requirements are well understood, and provide testing guidance to your team
- Track the performance of your products and proactively to identify opportunities for pivots and innovation
- Develop a clear understanding of your customers’ business domain, their needs, and how they operate
- Collaborate with your peers, teams, and leadership to continuously improve our Product Management practices
What You Bring
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytic skills
- Strong technical background combined with solid business acumen
- Proven leadership ability
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Prior experience as a Product Manager in a mature product organization
- Experience with software development tools (Jira, Product Board, etc.)
- Experience with agile development methodologies
What SPINS Offers
Here at SPINS, we value a culture focused on health and wellness. Over the past few years we have enjoyed tremendous growth and we’re going to keep growing throughout 2022. After listening to employee feedback, we created a return-to-office hybrid model that continues to ensure everyone’s health and work/life balance are top priorities. Beginning in late 2021, our hybrid model allows all SPINNERs who are fully vaccinated (validated with card) to return to the office and attend work functions representing the organization.
We continue to have our perks available in our hybrid setting. If you are in Chicago or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
The SPINS Way
- Direct We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.