- USA Only
Location: Remote, US
Armory simplifies progressive delivery to multiple targets at scale so application development teams can easily automate, repeat and observe deployments into production. Armory delivers this through Armory Enterprise, an enterprise-grade platform that integrates key Spinnaker OSS functionality with proprietary Armory features. A growing number of customers wish to offload the operations of Armory Enterprise to our Managed Services team, allowing their engineers to focus on building internal value.
With demand increasing, Armory’s Managed Services team is seeking its first Product Manager to interface with customers, define a product roadmap, and deliver new capabilities to market. This role will reside within Armory’s Product & Engineering org and report directly to our VP of Product.
Traits You Possess
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in written communication.
- You build relationships easily with others and can do so over Zoom, Slack, and other forms of remote communication.
- You are both a leader and a team player; you take ownership over areas inside your domain and ensure your efforts align with a larger company strategy.
- You are a do-er; you get things done quickly and with high-quality, often in creative ways.
- You are data-driven and bias towards taking action to improve key metrics vs because it feels like the right thing to do .
Ideal Work Experience
- You understand technical operations; you have experience as a DevOps engineer, SRE, or as a technical product manager who has delivered products used by ops engineers or SREs
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Product Manager who has successfully launched developer-centric products to market
- In addition to product launches and usage, you have been jointly (or solely) responsible for P&L of the product line you managed. You understand COGS, margins, pricing, and use those inputs in making product decisions.
- You have deep domain expertise in DevOps, CI/CD, and/or cloud infrastructure. Open source experience a plus.
- Act as the primary interface between Armory’s Managed customers and the rest of the organization.
- Translate customer feedback, internal resourcing, market dynamics, and other information into a crisp product roadmap and quarterly OKRs that the entire company understands and is aligned to.
- Deliver the capabilities on the roadmap on time and in partnership with Marketing and Sales.
- Work closely with Finance to define a pricing and cost model in order to achieve specific revenue and efficiency metrics
- Deliver updates on roadmap and strategy to other groups within the company
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure the Managed team is resourced appropriately based on sales pipeline, existing support costs, and internal efficiencies