- USA Only
Product Manager (Tech)-Lead Consultant (Remote – Home Based Worker)
- Location: Remote, Remote, US
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands, and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity, and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in the service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, airbags, and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims, and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This Product Management role allows you to participate in a greenfield development effort to replace legacy systems. A somewhat rare occurrence in modern software development. Collaborate with designers, analysts, and testers to deliver high-performing high-quality software products in an agile setting. Day-to-day work involves partnering with product teams, architecture, technology leadership, and stakeholders drive and manage a team is added to help define the core capabilities and flow of an insurance product such as coverages, limits, deductibles, and discounts. The PM will be instrumental in making business and technical decisions that support the initiative, effectively communicating to stakeholders, and defining the product. The Product Manager will help build the capabilities for the product and maintaining a lens of reusability and direction required to deliver innovative products at one of the largest publicly held insurance companies.
One of the most important parts of the role is making sure the team is building the right thing and leading their technical team to deliver user- defined products with success. The Product Manager will collaboratively work with Product Teams and users to deliver products and assist in establishing strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. Successful PMs help to identify assumptions and validate those assumptions through the use of product discovery techniques. The Product Manager is responsible for working closely with product and feature designers, key stakeholders, and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to-market and communications strategies for their products. The Product Manager is also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders and peers.
- Contribute towards all scrum ceremonies including demos to stakeholders, daily stand-ups, scrum of scrums, retrospectives, and SAFe, (if applicable) methodology ceremonies.
- Work in tandem with the other Product Solution teams and Product Management Platform teams to adhere to agile practices and understand the dependencies that your team will have.
- Use customer feedback, ongoing architectural designs, and data gathering to provide recommendations on decisions about product strategy.
- Help define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Represent the “voice of the customer”; invest significant time with current SME’s to understand their needs and habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the Product Team.
- Manage the product backlog, write stories to creating an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- 3+ years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment, Agile lean(scrum/ XP) methodology experience is a must.
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience in shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a new product development team with experience in data-driven decision making
- Passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- General understanding of and experience working in a development environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
Compensation Data : Compensation range for this position is $90,000 – $132,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.