Product Development Manager
- Canada Only
- 10 applicants (100%)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
LabX Media Group (LMG) is a science media company that produces monthly print publications and hosts a variety of digital media platforms and websites. We are an organization that is in high growth mode, both organic as well as through a full spectrum of acquisitions. We have been named to the Globe and Mail's 2021 Top Growing Companies list and the PROFIT 500: Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies list for 6 years running and are one of only a few companies in all of Simcoe County.
We are currently looking for a Product Development Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Project Management, the Digital Product Manager will work with key stakeholders across the entire business to identify and facilitate the solving of digital web product challenges using innovative approaches.
- Work closely with large, cross-functional teams, including product, operations, technology, design, marketing, research, and customer service
- Day-to-day collaboration with business stakeholders, end users, editorial, service support operation and sales teams to identify and facilitate solving digital web product challenges using innovative approaches
- Collaborate with sales, editorial, development, and internal service desk support teams to analyze patterns and trends and identify new opportunities for growth or improvement
- Develop relationships and liaise with advertisers and end users to drive future product development roadmap
- Developing key narratives, tactics, and strategies for the sales team in relation to existing and new product development. Create concise and direct value propositions and differentiable value for the product to support the sales launch.
- Work with Engineering and Design teams to build, test, and ship product experiments
- Closely monitor and measure results
- Assist in developing, tracking, and reporting on analysis related to sales
- Develop and thoroughly present go-forward recommendations and goals
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, math, business, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience performing product-oriented quantitative analysis, including statistical analysis
- Ability to execute against defined objectives both tactically and strategically
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyzes clearly and effectively
- Ability to work closely with the web development team to manage tasks, implementation and technical decision making to drive the project to completion.
- Data driven and able to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience delivering and scaling products and processes in a technical and dynamic environment which requires a combination strategic, analytical, product, technical and operational acumen. Experience working with marketplaces and eCommerce a plus
Why Join Us?!
- A competitive salary range, negotiable based on experience and qualifications
- Group benefits including an Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexibility to support employees in balancing life priorities and work
- Ongoing tools, webinars, and resources to support mental health
- Continued career planning, mentorship, and growth
- A culture of recognition, appreciation, and positivity
- A collaborative team committed to excellence
This position is remotely based and open to all candidates within Ontario.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.