IT Product Owner
- USA Only
- 3 applicants
IT Product Owner ( Remote)
Locations: Rosemont IL
Time Type: Full time
Job Requisition Id: R249769
Join Our Community of Food People!
At US Foods®, innovation and technology is our superpower. By expanding our digital ecosystem and leading with a customer-first mindset, we’re delivering technology that empowers our customers and simplifies business. As we transform the digital landscape of the foodservice industry, we’re outpacing our competitors faster than ever before.
We believe diversity is the cornerstone of creativity and innovation—and we foster an open, inclusive, flexible work environment that supports our transformation.
The Product Owner at US Foods is responsible for building and enhancing US Foods IT capabilities. The Product Owner drives the vision and strategy of a given Product, ensures consistent value creation throughout the delivery process, and represents the needs of our customers and stakeholders. A key component of this role is to maximize the generated ROI of the Product by identifying the right features and breaking them down into clear user stories for a well-prioritized backlog. Beyond this, the Product Owner may be responsible for resourcing, budgeting, and financial decision-making at the Product team level. As a central figure in the Product team, the Product Owner works closely with a combination of Scrum Master, Developers, UX designers, Architects, QA, and DevOps team members to design and deliver innovative solutions and Product features.
The right candidate is a strategic thinker with the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs & priorities, offering a proven track record of efficiently delivering quality releases on time. They must possess the ability to rapidly earn trust with both stakeholders and team members, and can work effectively with cross-functional teams.
Flexible Work Policy: The work for the Product Owner position is completed 100% remotely anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories. This position may have the potential to travel up to 20% dependent on business needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with business and technology stakeholders to drive Product strategy and prioritization decisions
- Serve as a liaison between the business and development, acting as the voice of the customer and communicating requirements and needs to the Product team
- Deliver on-time, on-budget, on-quality, on-fit service(s) or Product(s)
- Own, maintain, and continuously groom the Team Backlog
- Facilitate delivery of features along with the Scrum Master by refining and improving processes that lead to more efficient development cycles
- Work within an Agile framework to develop and execute against a Product roadmap
- Develop user stories with detailed requirements and acceptance criteria that address end-user needs
- Participate in recurring Agile ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Demos, etc.
- Establish and maintain metrics that track value of delivered Features and team output
- Ensure there is value generated back to the enterprise through diligence in prioritization and delivery
- Manage upgrades and ensure Product or Product elements are up to date in order to avoid technical debt
- Maintain an innovating and future-proofing agenda for given Product(s)
- Maintain primary responsibility for Product team operations, including financial management and resourcing (varies by team)
- Anticipate, mitigate and chaperone escalations
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- While the Product Owner will not have formal people management / reporting responsibilities, they are responsible for leading their Product team in delivering against sprint goals
- Internal: Business Stakeholders and End Users, IT Leadership, IT Delivery (Scrum Masters, Developers, Architects, UX Designers, Program Managers, etc.)
- External: Application / Systems Vendors (as applicable)
- Up to 20% travel
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in Product Ownership / Product Management, Business Consulting, IT Business Analysis, or another related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- Agile or SAFe certification(s) highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence change within large, complex organizations
- Experience using Agile project management tools (e.g. Atlassian) and flowchart tools (e.g. Visio, Lucid Chart) strongly preferred
- Experience with eCommerce, restaurant, and/or wholesale food distribution industries strongly preferred
The following information is provided in accordance with certain state and local laws. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $89,300 and $119,100. In New York, the expected compensation for this role is between $105,400 and $140,500. In California, the expected compensation for this role is between $100,100 and $133,500. In Washington, the expected compensation for this role is between $100,100 and $133,500. This role is also eligible for annual incentive plan bonus. Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, and its policy may be found here.
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 855-873-2468. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.