Director Product Management
CloudZero puts SaaS companies in control of cloud costs by connecting technical engineering decisions with business results. The CloudZero Cost Intelligence platform is a single source of cloud cost truth for engineering leadership, finance organizations and the product teams building the software. Bringing in data from multiple sources, CloudZero helps customers understand their margins, unit costs and where their cloud investments are flowing to and from.
The philosophy of the product and engineering team at CloudZero is to empower product teams to solve hard customer and business problems, in ways that our customers love yet work for our business. Our product teams are cross- functional, durable and are composed of product management, product design and engineers. The teams have agency to come up with solutions that are usable, viable, valuable and feasible.
We’re looking for a product leader to drive the development of an ambitious CloudZero product strategy & roadmap by working with the leadership team to define and execute our vision of building a next generation cost intelligence platform. As part of an exciting and early startup we need someone who can also roll up their sleeves and work with our aforementioned product teams to ensure we are delivering delightful solutions.
Our product and engineering team values lifelong learning and holding a growth mindset. A core part of our culture is inclusiveness, we believe great teams are made up of people from diverse backgrounds and walks of life working together. We are a fully remote company with employees scattered throughout the US.
- Own driving the product strategy and roadmap for CloudZero’s platform.
- Work alongside design and engineering leads to conduct product discovery for small cross-functional product teams.
- Be responsible for the successful launch of everything that the team ships, which means being accountable for the quality of the product solution and the impact it has on both our customers and the business. You’ll define meaningful outcomes and measure results against those standards.
- Work alongside Sales and Product Marketing to effectively launch and market our features.
- Own the growth and development a talented team of product managers as CloudZero grows.
- Manage the Product Design function to ensure we deliver great product UX.
A typical day for someone in this role at CloudZero might look like:
- Talking with our customers and technology partners to make sure we are solving their problems and understanding future opportunities to deliver even more value.
- Writing clear discovery objectives to ensure everyone on the team has the context they need to do their best work.
- Working closely with design and engineering leads to discover solutions to the problems you’ve outlined and prioritized.
- Collaborating with the product teams building the software via Slack and Zoom to ensure we are iterating towards the correct solutions.
- Working with cross-functional teammates on release messaging for new functionality being released.
- Meeting with the Product Leadership Team and other stakeholders to define the roadmap and strategy over the next few quarters.
- You can work with your core working hours based on the US Eastern time zone. We are a 100% remote first company, so you can work anywhere in the United States.
- You have 4+ years of product management experience with SaaS products and at least two years of that with B2B customers.
- You are comfortable working with leadership at the strategic level but also getting into the weeds of a project a product team is trying to ship to help them get it over the line.
- You pride yourself on your ability to collaborate with others. You are exceptional at outbound communication, both synchronous and asynchronous.
- You are passionate about working with design and engineering to discover the best solutions to customer and business problems, even better if you have experience with distributed teams.
- You love great products and are able to identify what “good” looks like and are able to challenge teams to produce the best possible results.
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion in an organized and thoughtful manner.