Director of Project Management Office
- 4 applicants (13%)
Director of Project Management Office
at Mercy For Animals
Remote in the United States, Mexico, or Brazil
Remote in the United States, Brazil, or Mexico
This job posting will close at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on January 31, 2023.
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environmentone that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We currently seek a director of the project management office to join our operations team. In this role, you will serve two primary functions: overseeing all project management at Mercy For Animals, including project intake and scheduling for the entire organization, and executing operations projects. Our project management office supports projects across the organization, including tech-related projects.
You will do invaluable work :
- Provide leadership, organization, and coordination to support key activities of the project management office (PMO), encompassing program planning, governance, and project management
- Create and promote organizational adoption of best practices and standardized approaches to project management
- Own and manage an organization-wide project calendar, including strategic scheduling of projects throughout the year that balances organizational priorities and resource capacity and shifts schedules as needed
- Guide project stakeholders in defining project scope, assumptions, requirements, and delivery expectations, ensuring effective use of project resources
- Handle all aspects of project planning, requirements gathering, scheduling and work planning (including work-breakdown structures), communications, risk and issue logs and resolutions, cost tracking, financial or budget reporting, change management, and status updates for operations projects
- Ensure all major projects meet specifications, timelines, budget constraints, and quality standards
- Maintain the PMO document library, including the organization’s project plan templates, historic project documents, and post-project reviews and key learnings
- Collaborate with Mercy For Animals teams to improve and enhance our solutions portfolio
- Lead a cross-departmental project management committee
- Lead operations department projects as the head project manager
Your qualifications will take our operations to the next level:
- Three or more years’ experience with customer-facing project management and requirements gathering
- Current PMI PMP certification (required)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively on all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate in a highly detailed and organized manner while remaining flexible to the organizations’ changing needs and priorities
- Demonstrated initiative
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
- I’m currently certified as a project management professional (PMP).
- I have led large, cross-departmental projects on time and within budget.
- I am willing to roll up my sleeves to improve existing processes and build new ones.
- I am committed to Mercy For Animals’ mission and core values.
About Your Team Leader
Mamta Valderrama, senior vice president of operations for our global operations team, oversees finance, technology, research, and human resources. Before Mercy For Animals, Mamta spent 10 years in healthcare operations and has led multimillion-dollar income reports. An activist in her free time, she took a break from corporate America to write a book about human trafficking that became an Amazon bestseller. Born and raised in the Jain culture, she grew up with the principle of ahimsa, or nonviolence toward all sentient beings. Mamta runs Global Majority Vegan, a social media community that amplifies vegan lifestyles and experiences through a DEIJ lens. Originally from Los Angeles, Mamta lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, with her husband and daughter.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $108,000 – $124,800, depending on qualifications. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual earnings.
*Benefits and salary outside the United States will be shared early in the interview process. Application Details
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticityenabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.