Digital Product Designer/Owner
- USA Only
OCP is looking for a Digital Product Designer/Owner (Digital Music for Liturgical Use) to join the newly formed Digital Product Team. Our ideal candidate is a scrappy individual contributor who is excited to grow with an organization shifting to fully digitize all aspects of the business, starting with a very exciting tool in the Christian music industry.
The Digital Product Designer/Owner will own existing and new digital products for liturgy--from ideation to execution and management. Their focus will be on UI/UX design, prototyping, user testing, working with IT to get products improve/ developed as designed, and out to the market. The position will require them to put on a Product Owner hat from time to time to help support the team. The Digital Product Designer/Owner works closely with business stakeholders (Marketing, Music Development, Data Services, IT, Worship Publications) to define and prioritize products and their features from a customer first view, and will own the product backlog, new features, its vision for the future and how to improve the customer experience. This person needs to be an analytical thinker and problem solver, proficient in Adobe XD or have the ability to transfer skills from Figma/Sketch FAST, with curiosity and passion for learning and acquiring new skills, a self-starter, with high standards for quality, who can track their growth and own the product.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
This role will be accountable for the development and execution of a strategic product roadmap for OCP’s digital products for liturgy (music libraries, planning tools, etc.) including leading the strategic vision and growth strategy, establishing priorities, and driving financial results. The Product Designer will also lead day-to-day product owner activities collaborating with the marketing, sales, product development and IT teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage existing OCP digital products designed for liturgical use (digital music libraries and liturgy planning tools)
- Responsible for the development and execution a Catholic liturgy-centric digital tool that currently is in ideation phase
- Lead/participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Understand user problems and come up with realistic solutions
- Research UX/UI trends, standards, and best practices as it applies to the OCP’s technology
- Conceptualize designs and processes that scale
- Collaborate, create, and present designs throughout various phases of design (user flows, wireframe, mid-fidelity, high-fidelity, prototypes)
- Articulate decisions to the team — clear communication (both written and verbal), ability to defend strategic choices, open-mindedness to alternative approaches.
- Create development-ready design specs and collaborate with frontend engineers to ensure designs are correctly implemented
- Review user engagement data to locate opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Capitalize on opportunities to deliver value faster through agile practices
- Understand how the product is performing, the level of customer satisfaction, and provide suggestions for improvements. Track and report product effectiveness as relates to business objectives and key performance indicators (subscribers, revenue, etc.).
- Serve as the voice of the customer
- Entrepreneurial thinker that serves as business owner and product owner responsible for product success
- Develop and own the product roadmaps.
- Develop the scope, gather, define and manage the product backlog.
- Ensure close collaboration with the development team and has technical product knowledge.
- Solve product related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Consistently demonstrate OCP’s Core Values of Humility, Empathy, and Passion.
- 2+ years of professional design experience in software
- A portfolio that showcases astute UX thinking, interaction skills, visual design skills
- Proficiency with Adobe XD or ability to transfer skills rapidly
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, project management, organizational, and creative thinking skills
- Dynamic team player that is willing to collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to adapt to constant change and work effectively in a fast pace environment
- Experience designing interfaces for desktop as well as apps
- Experience with collaboration and project management tools, such as Jira, or similar
- Knowledge and understanding of Catholic liturgy and music is a plus
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the company’s business processes to help team in overcoming roadblocks
- Attention to detail to execute a quality product
- Experience in developing innovative solutions
- Excited to learn new things and share your skills with others
- Thinks like an entrepreneur and a leader
TO APPLY : Visit www.ocp.org/en-us/careers and submit your application along with the requested application materials.
OCP offers opportunities for professionals in a variety of fields. With a work environment designed to celebrate the unique contributions of each individual, OCP also supports its employees with great benefits and opportunities for growth—all in a casual, values-driven environment. We think it’s a great place to be a part of, and we think you will, too. If you align with our mission and have the experience just described, we would love to talk with you.
OCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any category protected by law. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization.