Blockchain Technical Project Manager
Blockchain Technical Project Manager Job Description
Are you a hands-on technical leader who can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you equally comfortable digging into business and technical requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams? Does the idea of helping api providers to expose their service to be available on blockchain sound interesting? Then this is the position for you. The API3 is leading the movement from legacy third-party oracle networks to first-party oracle solutions that deliver more security, efficiency, regulatory compliance, and simplicity..
This role requires working closely with internal stakeholders across API3 Foundation, the product management team, development team, marketing and key software development teams across the company, as well as external stakeholders (financial institutions, fintechs, regulators, security auditors) to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through operations design and delivery. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential. This is an ideal role for candidates who are excited about Blockchain solutions based on Ethereum technologies.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects and features, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating large cross functional projects and schedules, and delivering complex projects with accurate results at high scale.
Key job responsibilities
From a business and technical perspective, this Principal TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- A strong understanding of the API connectivity problem is desirable
- Understand how to design scalable software
- Be conversant with emerging technologies
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
A day in the life
Need to be able to dive deep into technical problems. Should have passion for people management and mentorship.
Should be able manage requirements through collaboration with the tech and business teams. Manage communication in a simple form with the leadership both verbally and through documentation. Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying features. Project management experience with cross functional geographically distributed teams.
- 5+ years of experience managing complex technology projects
- Experience with agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc)
- Experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools
- Track record of authoring forward looking technology roadmap/ yearly planning docs to enable trade-off and decision at leadership level
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience delivering large-scale systems with world-class availability, scalability, and performance requirements
- Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, financial understanding, and process optimization