Associate Product Manager
- USA Only
- 12 applicants (33%)
Title: Associate Product Manager
Location: United States
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network?
*As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment *
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
The American Red Cross is seeking an Associate Product Manager.
This is a Work-from-Home position. The selected candidate can be located anywhere in the United States, but will work east coast hours.
For those candidates located in Colorado or Connecticut or New York, the salary range for this position is: $87,560 – 90,000.
Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the work is performed. The stated salary range in this posting is specific to CO, CT or NY. If you live outside of these states and are a remote employee, your salary may be different and based on your geographic location. The specific salary information will be shared at the time of phone screening based upon your location and qualifications.
The Associate Product Manager is a critical member of the RC Care team, working with the Product Manager to oversee the full product lifecycle, from design to development and release, both building new services and capabilities and continuously improving the existing product. The Associate Product Manager will collaborate with design, product, technical, and program colleagues to facilitate understanding of business problems and opportunities, co-create digital solutions, and clearly communicate and document product requirements.
- Converts business strategy into system design and functionality; ensures alignment between technical and business units on the strategy and solution proposals to achieve business strategy and requirements
- Plans and facilitates the refinement of business requirements from engaged stakeholders, including documenting user process flows and user stories
- Analyzes business and user needs and identifies potential opportunities, challenges, and risks during product design
- Supports the organization of user stories into epics, phases, and functions
- Gathers business/program feedback for incorporation into future development
- Provides and supports clear communication between product, technical, and business/program partners
- Serves as a product advisor and guide to new business stakeholders, providing training and demos as needed
- Coordinates with the Product Manager, Scrum Master, and technical team to manage current and backlogged user stories
- Ensures business units are prepared for, and engaged in, User Acceptance Testing. Supports the development and execution of QA (Quality Assurance) and UAT (User Acceptance Testing) test cases by QA and UAT testers, providing feedback on expected product design and functionality.
- Anticipates UX/UI needs and collaborates with design resources as needed
- Monitors performance metrics and reviews system modification/change requests to ensure recommendations meet business units’ technology needs.
- Writes product communications and training for end users, including knowledge base articles and release notes
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Salesforce capabilities, to support effective product design and refinement of business/program requirements
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years of experience required
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Experience working with diverse communities of end users and business stakeholders
- Experience with product design and development processes
- Experience with Agile development frameworks
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications (i.e., Outlook, Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira, and design tools including Mural and Lucidchart
- Salesforce experience is a benefit; willingness to learn is essential
Coordination, Project Management, and Communication:
- Ability to coordinate tasks and deadlines across concurrent projects
- Independent and self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with internal customers, management, and outside vendors
- Experience managing expectations and emerging issues
- Experience consolidating technical and business information for leadership presentations and reporting
What’s In It For You?
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
Commitment to Your Health & Safety-COVID-19:
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.