Assistant Project and Program Manager
- USA Only
Assistant Project and Program Manager
- Remote Location – United States of America
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best-in-class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Responsible for the delivery of projects across multiple functional groups and manages stakeholders’ needs.
- Plans through collaboration across functional teams to create simple business cases and independently collate project plans with an appropriate planning tool
- Maps out stakeholder lists, consult on stakeholder requirements and pro-actively manage stakeholders needs and seek feedback
- Escalating only to resolve complex stakeholder issues
- Works with a number of stakeholders that may include regional/global stakeholders
- Recommends and agrees the level of communications appropriate for the project/program being delivered across functions with key stakeholders
- Uses consistent tools and templates and requires minimal feedback on messages delivered to audiences
- Risk and issue management, planning and responses are identified at an appropriate level for the project complexity and risk management
- Captures risks and proactively puts plans in place to mitigate exposure to risks
- Is responsible for the delivery of projects across multiple functional groups
Resource Management (people, finances etc.)
- Produces resource/cost plans and estimates
- Tracks costs to plan, and manages changes to plans
- With support will remediate issues with external suppliers and contractors
Customer Care (For employees working in Customer Care and Experience):
- Manages complex customer deployments involving cross-functional teams, sometimes multi-site and multi-regional
- Creates and communicates with customers using detailed project plans with unique milestones and overall deployment schedules
- Engages and directs cross-functional internal stakeholders on project team and holds them accountable for meeting commitments
- Has a fundamental technical knowledge of all Equinix products/processes
- Resolves issues and escalations independently (manager-assisted at executive level)
- 3+ years experience preferred
- Diploma to a Bachelor’s Degree preferred
We offer Medical, TeleMedicine, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D insurance, 401K, Leave of absence & disability benefits, paid time off & holidays and more.
In accordance with Colorado State Law the salary range for Colorado for this role is $80,000 – $108,000 per year with 15% bonus target.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disabilities.