I’m Nicolás, TestGorilla’s Head of Engineering. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,300 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a WordPress Developer who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share Appreciation Rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of base salary
The job in a nutshell
We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress Developer to build, review and improve our company website. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including implementing WordPress themes and plugins, site integration and security updates.
You will collaborate across departments to architect and optimize our company website and help them deliver content efficiently and promptly.
This role requires in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and robust content management skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a top-class WordPress developer willing to embark on an entrepreneurial journey with us!
You’ll spend time on the following
- Designing and developing the website’s architecture as well as building new features and functionalities
- Building the website front-end and conducting website performance tests
- Coding on PHP/MySQL and HTML/CSS (a lot!)
- Building and implementing new themes and plugins
- Monitoring website performance and troubleshooting performance issues
- Handling the back-end of the website, including database and server integration
- Ensuring high-performance and managing all the technical aspects of the CMS
- Maintain well-documented and reusable code
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have a great knowledge of WordPress
- You are able to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- You are comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- You have a strong proficiency in understanding code versioning tools such as Git
- You have a working knowledge of MySQL. Server administration a plus.
- You have a good understanding of web architecture
- You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of an early-stage startup
We typically expect candidates with at least 2-5 years of WordPress Developer experience to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if …
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
- You have experience developing and converting designs into themes
- You have experience in building both front-end and back-end of the website
- You have prior experience in WordPress localization using the WMPL plugin
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.