- 27 applicants (59%)
Gravity Wiz is hiring a developer to squash bugs and implement new
features for our growing suite of Gravity Forms add-ons.
About Gravity Wiz
We are a team of friendly wizards dedicated to helping our customers build amazing things with Gravity Forms.
We craft premium add-ons and regularly publish free tutorials, snippets, and plugins.
We support our customers passionately, going above and beyond to help them implement our multitude of resources to solve complex problems with robust solutions.
Gravity Wiz is a remote company with a knack for getting things done. We are committed to keeping processes simple and meetings to a minimum.
Your job will be to keep the magic alive by making bugs just poof disappear. Be prepared to cast powerful bug-squashing spells and write potent automated tests to make sure your spells stick. You will also implement new features that delight our customers and bring prosperity to their towns and villages.
We are serious about our products. Sorcerously serious.
You will report to the Chief Technical Officer and work closely with the Support Lead to provide top-notch support for our customers by fixing bugs, crafting bespoke snippets, and working on new functionality.
Our ideal WordPress Developer:
- Embodies our core values
- We do the right thing.
- We show up.
- We create value.
- We care.
- We are inspired by our customers.
- We are hungry.
- Is a dependable, friendly communicator
- Is an efficient, detail-oriented troubleshooter who is comfortable navigating new codebases
- Has experience with Git (and GitHub) including branching, rebasing, and reviewing/creating pull requests
- Is curious self-starter, hungry to delve into the library, pouring over the latest scrolls, discovering modern and more powerful spells.
- Thrives in an environment where you manage your own day and work asynchronously with tools such as Slack and Notion
- Can balance a desire for perfection with the needs of the customer and company
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Working directly with customers who have gone through an escalation flow in Help Scout to resolve bugs, add functionality, and create new magical solutions
- Using WordPress and Gravity Forms APIs to add/improve functionality to existing perks (plugins) as well as writing new perks
- Reaching out to the team when you get stuck and helping others when they’re stuck
- Writing automated tests for our perks using Cypress
- Setting up and troubleshooting build scripts (npm, Composer, TypeScript, etc.)
- Setting up and troubleshooting continuous integration (CircleCI, GitHub Actions)
- Using and implementing WordPress code standards
Bonus points if you:
- Are well-versed in Gravity Forms
- Have created blocks for WordPress
- Have published WordPress plugins or themes
- Have any open-source projects or contributions
This is a full-time remote position. We're offering a salary of $75,000-$110,000 USD depending on experience.
- Unlimited PTO/sick leave
- Flexible working hours
- Twice-yearly raises
- 401(k) safe harbor match (US employees only)
- QSEHRA; contributions to IRS-approved health benefits plans (US employees only)
Diversity & Inclusion
Gravity Wiz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be a small, but global team in 5 countries.
Don’t be fooled by our playful demeanor. Your journey with us will be challenging and ‘tis not a quest for the faint of heart. Are you prepared to learn beyond all mortal comprehension (seriously, there is a lot to learn)? Are you ready to master our products; to wield well-written, well-documented code as both weapon and shield?
Ok, cool. Let’s chat, you nerd. 😄🤩