Tech Lead, Motorsports Software
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (14%)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
As a Senior Tech Lead on our Motorsports team you'll be joining a 25-person team supporting 1,600 organizations with our SaaS CRM, commerce and event management platform. In this role, you will be leading our product/dev team and will have significant responsibility for ensuring the delivery of quality software that customers depend upon to execute live events.
MotorsportReg.com is the best place to organize, find and attend auto, motorcycle or kart racing and motorsport events. We are like a turbocharged Eventbrite for clubs, racetracks and sanctioning bodies who host events with engines: racing, track days, autocross, karting, drifting, motorcycles and rally. With 8,000 events managed in our marketplace annually by our customers, our goal is to be the number one software platform for automotive and motorsport events.
Ready to get in the driver’s seat? Join us!
What you’ll do
- Think, plan, and work in terms of outcomes as measured by our customers
- Regularly ship quality, secure software using modern practices with automation like unit testing, continuous integration, development, and deployment pipelines
- Collaboratively solve problems from initial design to production. This includes surfacing impediments proactively, communicating responsively, driving it to completion and supporting it post-deploy
- Help the team break down features into actionable stories with appropriate levels of technical details and technical dependencies
- Create and maintain application architecture artifacts for use by the engineering teams during implementation
- Ensure team is identifying and prioritizing necessary continuous improvements including scaling the codebase, achieving CI/CD goals, and maturing application architecture
- Lead and coach the team to follow solid engineering practices and patterns via code reviews, knowledge sharing, and pair programming
- Lead new approaches to development and tooling for the team to achieve greater scale and reduce complexity
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, continuous improvement, and inclusion
This might describe you
- Senior-level technical leadership experience writing software
- Enjoy and have experience building customer centered products
- Experience with complex data models - the ability to visualize and design complex data relationships in a platform with hundreds of database tables
- Experience designing and building public APIs consumed by third party developers
- Are passionate for developing clean, stable, and maintainable code
- Believe automated tests, observability, and monitoring are pivotal to stable software
- Are familiar with modern CI/CD practices
- Familiarity of public company requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley and key regulations, if applicable
- Expertise with Node, Vue.js & Typescript
- Expertise using cloud infrastructure, specifically AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, RDS, SNS, MQ, etc.
- Proficiency with Node and Nuxt
- Experience with GraphQL and RESTful API development
- Experience with internationalization (i18n), real-time push/WebSockets, and messaging queues
- Experience with ColdFusion/CFML including OO usage of CFCs, MVC frameworks, dependency injection, and ORM
Other Things to Note
This role can be worked from any U.S. remote location.
Say hello to Hagerty
Hagerty is an automotive enthusiast brand and the world’s largest membership organization. Along with being a best-in-class provider of specialty insurance for enthusiasts, Hagerty is also home to DriveShare®, the Hagerty Drivers Foundation, Garage + Social, Hagerty Drivers Club, MotorsportReg and so much more. Committed to saving driving for future generations, each and every thing Hagerty does is dedicated to the love of the automobile.
Hagerty is a rapidly growing company that values a winning culture. We provide meaningful work for and invest in every single team member.
At Hagerty, we share the road. We are an inclusive automotive community where all are welcomed, valued and belong regardless of race, gender, age, or car preference. We are united by our shared passion for driving, our commitment to preserve car culture for future generations and our desire to make a positive impact in the world.