Staff Software Engineer - UI UX Development Lead
- USA Only
Staff Software Engineer – UI/UX Development Lead
Location: South San Francisco California US
Job Type: Full-Time
Description Job Title: Staff Software Engineer – UI/UX Development
Requisition ID: 153914BR
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information: Remote CMD Division (San Jose, CA/ Austin, TX/ Anywhere the US)
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for an ambitious, talented, and self-motivated individual, who will serve as a technical leader and help us to define and build out our next generation platform. In this role, you will be responsible for defining the architecture, delivering the platform and application strategy, and capabilities that support the organization s business strategy.
The role requires working collaboratively across the Technology, Product, and Commercial organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals. In this role, you will build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders.
What will you do?
- As part of Luna Platform UI team – you will be building, evolving and innovating platform web pages and developing/maintaining platform UI/UX reusable web component library.
- Manage and lead a team of UI developers and collaborate closely with peers, Architects, Product Managers, Quality Engineers, and Dev Ops teams to develop innovative solutions that meet functional and non-functional standards and expectations.
- Developing, delivering, unit testing, and maintaining web-based, front-end applications and reusable Web Components, primarily using VueJs and StencilJs.
- Participate in technical design and code reviews and provide feedback to other engineers on the team.
- Mentoring junior engineers in team and provide design guidance and unblock from issues.
- Collaborating with Product Management and User Experience teams on ideation, prototyping, and planning.
- Estimate engineering efforts, participate in roadmap planning, and be responsible for operational processes.
How will you get here? Education
- BS degree in Computer Science or Software engineering fields.
- Life Science experience is preferred, but not required.
- 10+ years of experience in front-end development and team leadership.
- Experience with Reactive Async programming using Promises, RxJs, WebSockets and state management using Redux.
- Experienced in writing JS unit test cases/ E2E test cases using frameworks like Jest/ Jasmine/ Puppeteer or Enzyme.
- Experience with popular data visualization libraries such as d3.js using SVG or native HTML elements.
- Good experience working with the backend team for REST API design.
- Experience in using source control systems such as Git, tracking systems like Azure DevOps, JIRA.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Solid communication skills and good team player.
- Knowledge of micro-service-based architecture and K8s deployment model is a plus.
- Knowledge of Web Components, Custom Elements, Shadow DOM, and DOM Events.
- You are passionate about web technology, reusability, componentization, and building for scale.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent knowledge in practicing architectural and design patterns, open-source platforms, frameworks, technologies, and software engineering methodologies, RESTful Web Services.