Staff Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Staff Software Engineer – Ruby/RoR
at Housecall Pro
Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.
We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, andultimatelysave time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
We also offer:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
The role: Engineering Manager
As an Engineering Manager at Housecall Pro you’ll help build and lead a world- class team of Engineers. You’ll work hands-on with your Engineering team(s) to deliver incredible products and experiences to our customers. Interfacing with Product Managers and Product Designers to help lead our Product Engineering teams, you’ll help set the technical direction within the organization. Your team(s) will iterate through fast-paced use cases, design, develop, and test features and push those features to production on a daily basis. And you’ll help your teams to continually improve their processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Build out Engineering best practices and processes,
- Hire, grow and develop your Engineering team and its culture,
- Inspire and mentor your team(s) of talented Engineers and technical leads,
- Drive the Engineering vision, help own the Engineering roadmap and lead projects, from requirements gathering to delivery,
- Collaborate with product managers, business operations, engineers, engineering leaders, and business partners,
- Collaborate with Product Peers to keep Engineering and Product aligned,
- Planning, monitoring, and steering strategic development topics, taking part in strategic roadmap planning, and improving development processes.
What you will bring to this role:
- 2-3 years experience building and leading a team of outstanding Engineers,
- 5+ years of engineering experience,
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails, React, iOS and Android,
- Excellent technical aptitude as well as superior project and people management skills,
- Ability to work and scale within a fast-growing and agile company and to think and plan strategically,
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers and other team members,
- Proven track record of building a culture that encourages autonomy, innovation, teamwork, and productivity,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills suitable for working with different audiences.
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Location Dependent InformationThis role is open to candidates and the expected salary range for this role is $150,000-$165,000. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.