Staff Software Engineer, Datastores
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate.
We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine. We are looking for Datastore Staff Engineers who are passionate about distributed systems, availability, and delivering customer value. Our Datastore Staff Engineers will maintain and automate all aspects of our datastore platform including infrastructure, tooling, and observability.
Ideal candidates have advanced datastore knowledge, and likely are DBAs with staff level software engineering and architecture.
- Collaborate with engineers and teams to build and automate datastore technologies and big data pipelines at the Platform level.
- Coach and mentor engineers at all levels up to their peer level.
- Help with design and development of architectural datastore usage and migration, ensuring good engineering practices are being applied.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 10+ years production datastore engineering experience.
- Are an expert with datastore internals for at least two of the following: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka.
- Demonstrable expertise working with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Have experience developing large-scale schema migration solutions.
- Have experience in designing data pipelines at scale and understanding the flow of data from on space to a centralized data warehouse.
- Are proficient in Golang.
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, and attention to detail.
- Know how to set up production observability using best practices, including logging, metrics, and tracing.
- Have experience managing infrastructure with Terraform.
- Have a working knowledge of Kubernetes and containerized applications.
- Understand regulations and laws such as HIPAA, SOC2, PCI, and GDPR.
- Have a good understanding of microservice architecture and best practices.
- Are experienced in building data migration solutions in a heterogeneous environment.
- #(GMT-4); #(GMT-5); #ES; #PL; #UK; #FR;
It’s not expected that a single candidate has expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for professional engineers, who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situation changes, rather than candidates with a rigid skill set.
You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.