Staff Software Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Staff Software Engineer
Engineering | US REMOTE | Full Time
As a member of our attribution and reporting team, some of the things you’d work on day-to-day include:
- Shape the technical direction of this team, keeping in mind engineering best practices and larger technical trends
- Mentor and help strengthen the skills of other team members
- Working as a liaison with other teams to remove roadblocks and support the team as needed
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
- Prior experience in AdTech, specifically with attribution, impression and click tracking
- At least 6 years of software engineering experience
- Ability to analyze and organize raw data; build data systems and pipelines
- Experience with Golang and Python
- Proficiency in SQL: constructing tables, normalization/denormalization techniques
- Hands on experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Excellent grasp of CS fundamentals – data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Distributed Systems.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services infrastructure (EC2, S3).
The Value You Deliver:
- Evangelizing new technologies and processes.
- Actively participating in code/design reviews.
- Working closely with the product, data science, and SRE teams to design, build, and deploy highly scalable and efficient core platform services that drive company-wide value and make an impact.
- Being responsible for the delivery of data and information critical for Sojern’s business decisions and strategic planning.
What we have for you
- Flexi-Fridays: No internal meetings and shut down at Noon every Friday
- Flexibility: Remote and hybrid work options, so our team can enjoy flexibility and do their best work regardless of location
- Equity: Stock options are offered to every employee
- Tech: Monthly cell phone & wifi stipend provided, in addition to laptop and tech equipment for your home office
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks pay for non-birthing parents, beginning the day of joining until the child’s first birthday. Where a local country has more liberal leave protocol, we happily comply! #embrace-inclusion
- Learning Opportunities: All employees have access to an annual L&D stipend, as well as ongoing training and support to help you grow while leading creative and challenging projects
- Sojern Gives Back: We regularly organize office volunteer programs with local charities and organizations, as well as provide 40 hours of paid time per year to volunteer
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Travel Perks: IATA membership and personal travel “hotel stay” benefit
- Recognition: We use Bonusly to allow our team to recognize performance and teamwork #deliver-wow #win-as-a-team
- Wellbeing: We take a whole-person approach to your wellness with Spring Health mental health benefits, a Wellness Coach, and Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off: Unlimited PTO (we are a travel company, after all!)
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents with healthy employer premium contributions
- Life and Disability: Life, AD&D and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance with premiums 100% paid by Sojern
- Medical Travel: Travel expense coverage for when medical treatment is needed that is not available locally
- Retirement: 401k available with company profit sharing contributions
At Sojern, we believe in the power of travel as a way to bring the world together. It is that passion that drives Sojern to build smart digital solutions that help travel marketers reach travelers efficiently, and increase long-term growth, customer loyalty and profitability.
Our customers include hotels, attractions and tourism boards, and they use the power of machine learning, data science and real-time traveler data in Sojern’s products to build direct relationships with travelers across social, mobile and the web. Now, more than ever, our thousands of customers rely on Sojern to drive visits, bookings, and ticket sales by engaging with travelers as they plan their travel.
As a globally distributed company, we are headquartered in San Francisco with employees based in 14 countries and counting. Our team is passionate about travel and the core values that define our culture: Win as a Team, Embrace Inclusion, Be Genuine, Deliver Wow, and Center Around the Customer. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
Referred by Sojern?
If you are being referred for this position by a current employee of Sojern, please reach out to that person to submit you as a referral before applying!
US Roles at Sojern based outside of our Omaha, NE or San Francisco, CA office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NJ, NY, NC, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Disclosure – Pre-Employment Requirements:
All candidates offered employment by Sojern may be subject to pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check. Sojern is compliant with all federal and local laws with consideration to pre-employment requirements.
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At Sojern, we work to create a brave space that seeks out, embraces, and promotes diverse thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of Sojernistas globally.
We are building a workforce that represents the customer base we are serving and the world we live in. A diversified workforce is an innovative workforce. Just as there is no one typical traveler, there is no one typical employee. We foster diversity and inclusion across the company, actively seeking to amplify underrepresented voices and apply diverse perspectives to ensure products, policies, and programs are relevant for our employees and clients alike.
Embracing our differences and celebrating them moves us towards our goal of making travel inclusive of all. Sojern has employee resource groups which are the core of our culture, fostering belonging, inspiring learning, and creating opportunities for all Sojernistas across the globe.
- The DEI Council, which fosters diversity, equity and inclusion among our global team
- Sojern Gives Back, which organizes corporate giving and volunteering activities
- SoProud, our LGBTQ+ affinity group for community members and allies
- SoEmpowered, a group dedicated to advancing women in leadership and business
- SoFit, supporting employee health and wellness
We also have employee-run Slack channels for those with specific interests, for example parents, plant lovers or pets.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.