Staff Software Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title: Staff Software Engineer
Location: Remote United States
Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
Hands-on senior level software development engineer who is experienced in design, develop, validate and delivering embedded and application software.
- You will work with software system architect on software system block diagram and detailed design.
- You will work with senior engineer and management in developing roadmap, schedule, and implementing test plan.
- You will work closely with product management in understanding the product requirements and provide technical expertise to ensure all parties understand the requirement implications.
- You will work with electrical hardware engineers to select appropriate components and assist in designing the hardware platform.
- You will work collaboratively with the software development team including internal developers and external resources.
- You will be a hands-on developer coding, debug/testing, verification/validation.
- You will support field testing, support manufacturing, support & resolve escalated customer issues.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience at writing embedded C/C++ applications running on Linux, RTOS, and bare-metal.
- Strong experience with host or cross-compiled C/C++ applications.
- Experience using ARM, DSP, and full featured microcontrollers
- Experience using IDEs such as Eclipse, TI CodeComposer, Visual Studio, IAR WorkBench
- Experienced in implementing device-side Cloud support remote visibility/accessibility, data upload/download, over-the-air FW update, audio streaming, MQTT messaging.
- Quick Service Restaurant Drive-Thru experience a big plus
- Other pluses:
- Wireless experience developing software stack & application, RF/radio chip hardware
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) experience
- You are comfortable with client-side UI front-end design as well as server-side back-end support.
- Full-stack web applications development Node.js
- Experience with the database schema and design, general SQL knowledge PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Major plus 3+ years of experinece in software development of Cloud-based distributed systems
- Experience in Backend server programming Java, Peral, Python, C
- Familiar with public Cloud architecture AWS, Azure
- IoT Services
- API Gateway
- AWS Lambda, Azure Automation
- Cloud-based code build and code deployment
- Database Services PostgreSQL
- Security Services
- Terraform AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager
- Experience with software source control GitHub, SVN, SourceSafe, etc.
- 5+ years of Agile software development methodology
- Familiar with other tools Jira, Git, Confluence, SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Why We Need You
An experienced embedded software developer to take ownership of software/firmware development in support of PAR product portfolio. Leading a software development team which is comprised of internal and external resources, using your broad-based software/firmware expertise and by your hands-on development work. Work closely with product management to define requirements, roadmap, schedule, and to deliver.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.