Sr. Elixir Developer
- North America
Senior Back-end Engineer
As this is a senior position, we are looking for an experienced candidate. And by experienced, we mean that you have spent a sufficient amount of time making mistakes to have assembled a catalog of pitfalls and hard fought wisdom. Because we are anearly stage startup, this position is a little open ended. Are you comfortable building a team and forging a path within the ambiguities of a nascent business?
Can you demonstrate a history of creative problem solving? What is your process for uncovering the actors and use cases in a problem domain and scoping a solution? How do you balance legacy code with new initiatives?
Although you will be focused on back end services, as a team, we work together on UX and design. Having an appreciation for user interaction and familiarity with front end development is desired.
ou are probably a good fit if
- You are human
- Unfortunately, we are not accepting robots at this time. Please submit images with properly identified traffic signs along with your cover letter.
- You are confident in your abilities, but humble enough to listen to other ideas.
- You think about the future programmer who will maintain what you build
- You are curious and always learning
- You have a life outside of tech
- You have coordinated with multiple people to successfully deliver a product
Experience architecting, constructing, and delivering database backed web applications
- Automated testing
- Full stack familiarity
- REST API and GraphQL design and implementation
- Functional language experience
- Experience designing and managing an API for use by a 3rd party
- Experience with more than one language or framework • Experience with React/React Native
- Kubernetes and AWS