Software Engineering Manager
About the role
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our core platform team. If you are looking for a challenge and want to shape the future of Web3, please come to talk to us.
Web3 experience is not required, as we can get you up to speed with our one- week course when you start.
Your team will focus on building a data platform that will enable other developers to build data integrations revolving around user account financial statements.
What you’ll do as a Software Engineering Manager
- You will lead and manage a team of engineers to support our data platform.
- Support the engineers on your team through career development and continuous feedback.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your team and potential customers (protocols).
- Implement software alongside your team members when necessary.
- Collaborate with business leads across the company to define milestones and deliveries for new functionality to be added to existing applications.
- Take an active part in improving and optimising the system’s core.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We continue to launch products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- Work with your team under quick deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Ensure alignment with software development standards and methodologies.
- Facilitate production issues as incident commander and be part of a cross-functional team with end-to-end responsibility for the final product.
- You will act as the glue for building a top-notch team that will transform Web3 analytics through highly scalable technology.
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years of working experience with applications based on NodeJS, Ruby and/or other languages.
- 5+ years of working experience with API development.
- Experience managing a small team of engineers (3 or more) and working with stakeholders, and contributing to product definition.
- Strong knowledge of Typescript as well as Spark, Databricks, RabbitMQ, Redis, and SQL.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of large-scale, distributed systems and microservice architecture.
Who you’ll be working with
- You will work with the management of the company, shaping the direction of the product
- You will work closely with the Product Lead, and the Tech lead to define work and specify features defined in the roadmap
- You will build and lead a team of engineers shipping critical features