Software Engineering Lead, User Contact & Automation
- Oceania / Pacific
- 0 applicants (0%)
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Group
This role will sit in the wider ‘User Voice’ Super Group where our vision is “Every user empowered, every voice heard.” This group is the critical interface to our most valuable partners – our users. We want to ensure that they have a delightful experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support the next 1 billion users.
About the Team
This team is providing in-app help experience our to 100 million monthly active users across the globe. Seeking to understand what users are trying to achieve and offer enhanced self-serve capabilities before our tickets reach our customer happiness agents.
We are looking for a Tech Lead to coach this small but mighty team (up to 4 engineers) while still being close to the code, jumping into design documents, architectural specs and at times code, when needed.
What you’ll do
- Coach and mentor new and existing engineering hires into the team and ensure their ongoing success through career growth conversations and regular check ins
- Empower your team to deliver large-scale projects from ideation to completion within start-up time frames to develop new features and products.
- By focusing on the human element of coaching you will promote a safe and healthy culture with a focus on collaboration and open communication
- You will understand the need to experiment, measure and deploy or move on quickly
- Embed best practices into our development processes, drive a healthy code and design doc review culture, knowledge sharing, design showcases, and helping improve processes through retrospectives
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other Tech Leads to give input in the roadmap, advocating for the Engineering perspective
- You come with sound computer engineering fundamentals; this role will require you to operate at the high-level but zoom in where required – contributing to architectural specs and design documents
- Demonstrated success with uplifting the chat bot experience
- You will be more than happy to work in our environment, and are familiar with Java
- Exceptional customer focus to understand the use cases and requirements of our customers
- Ability to lead by example; promote Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values
- You will know when to push back (thoughtfully), shielding the team from disruptions and helping to bring clarity.
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills will enable you to collaborate with stakeholders and communicate optimally across other groups.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Tech Lead to flex their people leadership skills while still being technical. Join us today to help grow and mentor this team while providing an exceptional chat bot experience for our 100 million monthly active users!
This role is remote-friendly across Australia and New Zealand – you don’t have to live in Sydney to make a huge impact at Canva. Apply now to be considered!
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
- We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion.Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.