- USA Only
Location: US locations only; 100% Remote
School of Motion is looking for a Software Engineer to help us build the best platform for motion design training in the world.
As a Testing Focused Software Engineer at School of Motion, you’ll be responsible for testing our rapidly-growing learning platform so we can more confidently deliver more courses, to more students, in more places.
You should have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Comfortability with development on both the front-end and the back-end
- Have experience with NoSQL databases
- Be willing to learn new technologies
- Be familiar with Agile software development
- Take pride in your problem-solving abilities
- Be able to take a loose set of requirements and turn them into detailed development tasks
- Enjoy building apps that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing
Proficiency in the following technologies is required:
You can expect to:
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and cases
- Estimate, organize, and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automated scripts
- Identify, document, and track bugs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and strategies
- Perform manual and regression testing of new features and bug fixes
- Gently let our software engineers know when their code is not working
- Test across a variety of device profiles (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Spend a lot of time on Slack finding the right gif (hard G) for every situation
- Our tech stack is comprised of MongoDB, Express, React and Node.js
- We use Jest for unit testing.
- We have a bunch of third-party integrations (Paypal, Stripe, HubSpot, etc.)
- We also use:
- Git/GitHub for source code management
- CircleCI for continuous integration
- Heroku for deployment/hosting
- MongoDB Atlas for DB hosting
- Cloudflare for our web infrastructure and security
- Amazon S3 for file storage
- JIRA for task management
- Confluence for our internal wiki
The Fine Print:
About School of Motion
At School of Motion, we’re trying to reinvent the way students learn online by combining the best parts of a traditional brick-and-mortar school with technology that allows our students to receive the elite Motion Design training from anywhere in the world. Our mission is to break down the barriers to learning, mastering, and working in Motion Design. We currently have ten comprehensive courses, over 5,000 Alumni, dozens of Teaching Assistants, and a small team of full-time staff working diligently to keep everything running! And this is only the beginning…
Our Core Values:
Our core values embody our team dynamic and our voice. We are rebellious, helpful, effective, playful, and curious. If you would like to work with us, you should be all of these things too:
- We don’t like to do things just because they’ve always been done that way. Be skeptical of the status quo and constantly improve.
- There is no such thing as “not my job.” Help out in any way you can, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
- We do things fast and smart. We automate if it makes sense. We skip the meeting if it’s not immediately beneficial to the mission.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously; it’s only Animation.
- Have interests, pursue them ruthlessly. Share your weirdness.
Some important information…
While School of Motion does not discriminate based on citizenship or national origin, we may only employ United States citizens and people authorized to work in the United States. As long as you meet that criteria, you can work from wherever that is comfortable for you! We’re a fully remote team that primarily operates on Eastern Standard Time.
We have some great benefits!
- We cover 100% of your health insurance and a portion for your spouse and children.
- We have an extremely flexible time off policy. Work wherever you want with an internet connection.
- Access to a 401K plan after one year of employment
- Saying that we have a very casual work environment is an understatement; just be you.
The position does require domestic travel at least once per year when we all get together for company retreats and industry conferences (they are fun!).
School of Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
School of Motion is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at School of Motion are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Do not apply with Indeed. Your information will not be carried over and your application will not be reviewed.