Software Engineer III, Back End
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (17%)
Title: Software Engineer III, Back End
Location: Denver, CO or Remote
At SonderMind, we know that therapy works. SonderMind provides accessible, personalized mental health care that produces high-quality outcomes for individuals. SonderMind’s individualized approach to care starts with using innovative technology to help people not just find a therapist, but find the right, in-network therapist for them.
How you’ll make an impact
As a Software Engineer III on the Platform Engineering Team, you’ll work closely with a team of cross functional engineers to build and maintain the tools that help our feature teams deliver value efficiently in order to help SonderMind achieve its goals of making mental healthcare accessible to millions of Americans. You will drive and participate in design and architecture sessions as well as constantly evaluate technologies and trends to be leveraged to optimize our platform.
Success looks like
- As you begin to settle into your new role, you should become familiar with all of the tools within our stack and feel comfortable taking on tasks and pairing with your teammates.
- After onboarding, you will be expected to take ownership of tasks and projects, which will involve working independently and with engineers across our feature teams.
- Performance will be measured based on the value of your contributions and the quality of the code contributed to the back-end of the platform.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the tooling used by our feature teams.
- Make meaningful contributions to our platform and infrastructure by writing quality code and providing technical direction for future improvements
- Help organize technical requirements and act as lead on projects.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies for incorporation and use.
- Interface and collaborate with front-end, operations, and quality assurance engineers to complete various projects.
What you’ll bring with youRequired Experience
- 5 + years of software development experience
- Hands on experience working with: Ruby on Rails, Java or an equivalent typed language, and PostgreSQL
- Previous CI/CD expeirence
- RabbitMQ or a similar eventing system
- Ability to solve problems and provide appropriate solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience with PostGRES, SQL and data analysis
- Rapid experimentation such as A/B testing, feature flags, etc.
What we value
- Curious: Seek to understand and pull the thread
- Courageous: Takes action, even when uncomfortable
- Lightful: Assume positive intent in others
- Authentic: Say what you mean, mean what you say, act accordingly
- Bucketworthy: Don’t let your bucket leak
The anticipated salary range for this role is $114,000 – $135,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive plan. Actual title and compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits. We want the experience of working at SonderMind to accelerate people’s careers and enrich their lives, so we focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life and work.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to fostering flexible hybrid work
- A flexible PTO policy with a minimum of three weeks off
- Therapy coverage benefits to ensure our employees have access to the care they need
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet every need, including HSA and FSA options
- Company holidays and a company shut-down during the last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life’s unexpected events. Not only that, we also cover the difference in salary for up to eight (8) weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid Parental Leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition )
- 401K retirement plan with 100% matching on up to 4% of base salary
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.