Software Engineer III
- USA Only
- 5 applicants
Software Engineer III
locations Beaverton, Oregon
time type Full time
job requisition id R-9813
Open to remote work except in South Dakota, Vermont and West Virginia.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $93,900.00 in our lowest geographic market to $209,700.00 in our highest geographic market. Actual salary will vary based on a candidate’s location, qualifications, skills and experience.
Information about benefits can be found here.
Sports Marketing maintains the core services that support our Athlete and Institutions eCommerce experiences. Our services are essential to support PME’s Sports Marketing applications. Those services are ecommerce portal for athletes and institutions where they can spend their Contractual Obligations money (referred to as Comp) on Nike apparel and product allotments (Units) on Nike Equipment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re seeking a skilled Software Engineer to lead the design and development of applications for our Sports Marketing team! Your role will encompass both front-end development and the creation of essential back-end supporting services.
You will have broad experience of successfully delivering value and your contributions will help Nike increase productivity, realize efficiencies and build reliable software products. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the developing web-scale applications in the cloud.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working with The Locker and building and maintaining the applications that keep Sports Marketing running. Responsibilities include not only writing application code, but also ensuring the stability of our applications through test automation, observability and maintenance of build and deploy pipelines
As a member of The Locker, you will meet regularly with team members and stakeholders to discuss requirements and prioritize work. We prioritize heads down time to focus on developing software while also making ourselves available for collaboration and communication.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
In addition to the core team you will work directly with our Business Product Owners to clarify requirements and ensure those requirements are met. You will also work regularly with Production Support, Quality Assurance and other centralized teams to ensure our apps are production ready.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing on the AWS cloud infrastructure is a must. AWS components: DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, S3, Lambda, Elastic Search
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing a spectrum of projects, varying in size and complexity.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Commitment to performing technical code reviews
- Experience writing automated unit tests using tools like Jasmine or Mocha / Chai
- Ability to maintain the build and deployment processes through use of build integration tools.
Preferred if you have:
- Experience developing in a continuous integration environment using Jenkins, Bamboo, or TeamCity CI frameworks.
- Experience designing instrumentation into code and using and integrating with software & logging analysis tools such as New Relic & Splunk.