Software Engineer II - Frontend
- 10 applicants
Title: Software Engineer II – Frontend
Location: Remote US Canada
At Scribd (pronounced scribbed ), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About the Go-To-Market Team
Scribd’s Go-To-Market (GTM) team is a cross-functional group tackling some of our most critical product challenges. Our work spans multiple web and mobile applications, bridging the gap between product development and customer acquisition. We’re collaborating with partner teams enterprise-wide to ensure our product delights audiences, generates buzz, and exceeds stakeholder expectations.
As a Front-end Engineer II on the GTM Team
As a Front-end Engineer II on the GTM team, you’ll help design and implement critical user flows, like Log-in and Sign-up. You’ll collaborate within a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and other engineers to build and optimize the UI of these flows in a data-driven way. You ll also have an opportunity to jump into some application API or back-end code when needed.
In addition to regularly shipping code, you’ll mentor and grow junior devs through collaboration, pair programming, rubber-ducking sessions, and code reviews.
- 3-5 years of experience front-end tech stacks coding in modern, consumer-facing/B2C web applications
- A passion for creating customer value
- A desire to continuously improve the quality of the applications you work on, leaving every file touched better than it was Strong written and verbal communication skills; we’re a remote company with a robust documentation (and Slack!) culture
- A collaborative spirit, as you ll be working closely with product, design, and back-end engineers to implement features
- An appetite to learn and grow professionally
Nice to Haves
- Ruby on Rails experience
- GraphQL experience
- Experience working in a monolithic codebase migrating to microservices/front-ends
- Design System/Component UI library creation and management
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
- *Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
- Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k/RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning & Development programs
- Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
- Mental Health support & resources
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
- Referral Bonuses
- Book Benefit
- Company wide events
- Team engagement budgets
- Vacation & Personal Days
- Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
- Flexible Sick Time
- Volunteer Day
- Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing [email protected] about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico.*This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.