Software Engineer II, Front End
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Title:Software Engineer II, Front End
Location: Denver, CO or Remote
At SonderMind, we know that therapy works. SonderMind provides accessible, personalized mental health care that produces high-quality outcomes for individuals. SonderMind’s individualized approach to care starts with using innovative technology to help people not just find a therapist, but find the right, in-network therapist for them.
How you’ll make an impact
You will bring front end development skills to maintain and replace our existing web portals and build new experiences for our internal and external users.
You will have a keen eye for detail and ensure efficiency, re-usability, and brand consistency for all components you create.
You will be able to make an immediate impact on design and implementation decisions with the team.
You will drive and participate in design sessions as well as constantly evaluate technologies and trends to be leveraged to optimize our platform.
You will work in a team alongside back end developers, QA/SDETs, UI/UX designers, scrum masters and product owners to ensure the best possible product is released on schedule
Success looks like
- Write angular code, typescript and CSS for features, bug fixes and design enhancements
- Participate in team-wide and engineering-wide design & architecture discussions
- Support test-writing, QA and deployment activities
- Interface with backend and devops engineers for building end-to-end product functionality
- Evaluate new tools and technologies for incorporation and u
What you’ll do
- Develop features and improvements that make our product more meaningful to end users
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, interactive environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve complex technical problems
- Craft high quality code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. Maintain and advocate these standards through code review.
- Consistently ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
What you’ll bring with youRequired Experience
- 2-4 years of experience in front end development using modern frameworks
- Unit testing experience (with Jasmine or similar framework)
- Comfortable using CLI in Linux or MacOS
- Cloud experience (AWS or similar)
- Proven ability to work closely with other Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders
- Previous dedicated UX/UI design work
- Experience with design systems (Knapsack or similar)
- SQL and RDBMS experience
- Strong experience with designing, developing, deploying and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience with containerization strategies (ideally with Docker)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Elastic Search
- SaaS product company experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related
What we value
- Curious: Seek to understand and pull the thread
- Courageous: Takes action, even when uncomfortable
- Lightful: Assume positive intent in others
- Authentic: Say what you mean, mean what you say, act accordingly
- Bucketworthy: Don’t let your bucket leak
The anticipated salary range for this role is $85,000- $95,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive plan. Actual title and compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits. We want the experience of working at SonderMind to accelerate people’s careers and enrich their lives, so we focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life and work.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to fostering flexible hybrid work
- A flexible PTO policy with a minimum of three weeks off
- Therapy coverage benefits to ensure our employees have access to the care they need
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet every need, including HSA and FSA options
- 14 paid company holidays and a company shut-down during the last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life’s unexpected events. Not only that, we also cover the difference in salary for up to eight (8) weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid Parental Leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition )
- 401K retirement plan with 100% matching on up to 4% of base salary
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Vaccination Policy: SonderMind requires all employees to be up to date with their COVID vaccination before entering our office space, the SonderMind Studio, or attending in-person meetings or events (including both indoor and outdoor).