Software Engineer - Front-End
- USA Only
Title: Software Engineer – Front- End
Location: Remote, USA
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
Software Engineer – Front End
Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our technology teams have created unique, innovative software for our customers as well as employees in merchandising, styling, warehouse systems, and inventory management. We leverage data and user research to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a delightful offering for our customers and a successful business serving millions of women, men, and kids. We’re looking for outstanding people to contribute to our evolution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work within a distributed team of 4-8 software engineers and cross- functional partners including product, design, data science and operations. You’re expected to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop strong working relationships with coworkers and business partners.
You will be working on our customer facing systems, creating the future of how Stitch Fix’s clients browse and buy, or in our Merchandising, Styling or Warehouse Systems, creating the future of how Stitch Fix’s clients are styled, shown outfits and receive their purchases. We expect you to ask a lot of questions!
This is a remote position available within the United States. We welcome people from all backgrounds: self-taught, bootcamp grads, history majors, consultants, parents, computer scientists, athletes, musicians, oxford comma proponents, and more. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way and deliver long term value.
- Operate as an engaged member of the engineering team by contributing to meetings, providing input on technical design documents & project plans, pairing with other engineers to work toward a solution.
- Collaborating with your team and stakeholders during execution of projects to deliver results against measurable goals.
- Participating in on-call rotations once confidently onboarded to the team.
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge
- Are enthusiastic about technology
- Are respectful, empathetic, and curious
- Thrive in collaborative teams with a shared goal
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Take initiative and are excited by new problems
- Have 2+ years of professional programming experience.
- Will need guidance from time to time, but you are good at getting yourself un-stuck
- Might have experience with building APIs and micro-services
- Might have experience with Postgres, Redis and/or RabbitMQ
- Might have experience working remotely
OUR TECH STACK INCLUDES…
- GraphQL and Postgres
- Ruby, Rails, Golang and some Node.js
- RabbitMQ and Kafka
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE…
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Fully support remote work and you get to visit our SF office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.