- USA Only
Work fully remote within the United States
Who we are
Vessel is an early-stage startup bringing wellness tracking into the home.
Wellness tracking often lacks accessibility. Even more frustrating is when products geared at helping us improve wellness lack clear action steps. Through our at-home urinalysis test card, users have the ability to track wellness metrics such as - Vitamins C, B7, Magnesium, Hydration, pH, and Cortisol.
Users then receive customized food and lifestyle recommendations based on their specific results. Our users can actually order food and customized multivitamins to navigate deficiencies and optimize their wellness.
We're still in the scrappy startup phase, and are looking for people who are comfortable with the fast pace. We're a mostly remote team. We value shipping epic products, having each other's back, doing things the right way, and always optimizing in our personal and professional lives.
Our product went live in late 2020 and we already have thousands of happy paying customers who are using Vessel to gain awareness on their personal metrics, make lifestyle adjustments, and see their wellness improve.
We're an experienced team with a diversity of skills and backgrounds that range from early stage and unicorn startups to large public corporations. The whole of our efforts are greater than the sum of the parts and we are consistently looking for people who share our values to bring their experiences and perspectives to the team.
To help the vessel rocket reach its destination requires engineers to help build the internal tools that allow the team to reach our objectives.
It's critical that we trust our dashboard/tools and the information we see.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Strong Web Software Engineer to own Internal tools (i.e. CMS, CRM, EComm, Helpdesk)
- Own Dashboards
- Own Analytics Datastores
Skills to excel:
- Strong technical skills
- Proficiency in Web Framework.
- Object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
- Proactive and effective interpersonal communication
- Experience with agile software development techniques, test-driven development and continuous integration
What technical knowledge (tool) do you need to perform in your role?
- Strong HTML/CSS/JS/Design Principles
- Experience developing web services using any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, Go, .NET or Scala
- Database and database design experience
- Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Ember, Vue.js, Thymeleaf, etc.) and test frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independent judgment
- Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support)
- Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., a synchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC - Model View Controller, objects, promises)
- Experience with AWS and/or cloud computing
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
Qualifications (Must haves):
Past job experience? English scores? Personality tests? (Separate Required vs. Preferred)
- Have worked with Ecomm, CRM, CMS, and HelpDesk Software Systems
- -Shopping cart
- -Credit card processing/Payment Gateway
- -Website - WordPress/Webflow
- -Customer support chats in systems
- -Customer support emails
Qualifications (Nice to haves):
- Zendesk, Shopify, Intercom, Stripe, Braintree, Python
We do consider candidates requiring H1B transfer and TN Visa
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Vessel complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations preventing discrimination against job applicants based on: race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, martial status, physical challenges, or any other relevant factor.
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000
Healthcare Plan Contribution
Fully remote within the United States