- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title: Software Engineer
Location: US-Remote Employee Location
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are seeking a full-stack software engineer with emphasis in C#, .NET, and SQL. The prospective candidate will be sustaining and developing software applications and tools for researchers.
Your primary job functions are as following but not limited to:
- Participate in the complete software development life cycle
- Work with operations team to prepare and execute releases
- Contribute ideas to the architecture and design of new systems and tools
- Improve and enhance existing systems and tools
- Work with the business owners to define requirements, develop solutions, arrive at the final design and execute the implementation.
- Troubleshoot issues and support the operation of production software and tools
- Author and maintain technical documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field plus 5 years experience.
- Additional 5 -7 years of experience can be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a scientific research environment is important.
- 2+ years of strong experience in core C# and related technologies.
- 4+ years of experience in Systems analysis, design, development, testing and support,
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Professional experience building apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level
- Strong understanding of SOA methodologies and service architectures experience using web servers, application containers, caching technologies
- Solid knowledge of relational database design and development (MS-SQL, stored procedures, data modeling) and understanding of NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience with build tools, such as Mercurial, Git, Maven, or Jenkins
- Proven ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests
- Passion for writing clean, tight code that performs well
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Self-motivated: setting and achieving goals with little supervision.
- Dependable: following through tasks assigned with consistency.
- Team-oriented: easy to collaborate with and willing to help others.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Additional experience in a Unix/Linux environment is a plus
- Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, Junit, JQuery, or Angular are desired.
- Experience or interest in working with cloud computing and/or familiarity with big data processing is a plus
- Experience with Java, C++, Python, or PHP are also welcome
COVID/Equal Opportunity Employer
COVID Policy: New employees will be required to adhere to the Company’s and its clients’ COVID-19 safety procedures. In the event that the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for Federal Contractors is enforced, you must become fully vaccinated or request and be approved for an exemption. Employees working onsite at a client location must comply with our client’s COVID-19 requirements.
GovCIO is a team of professionals who want to make a difference. And that can only happen with a diverse, happy, and cared-for team. So, we prioritize your well-being, equity for all and look for ways to make work a better place for each of us every day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status. EOE AA M/ F/Vet/Disabled
Compensation Range (In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for remote or positions located in CO)