Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company that helps colleges improve students’ basic needs and financial security by increasing access to emergency resources and funding. To help students, including the 3 million who drop out every year due to a time sensitive financial crisis, Edquity provides partner colleges with a mobile app and web platform that helps students overcome financial emergencies. With Edquity, students can apply for emergency cash grants, discover emergency resources, and more.
In the wake of COVID-19, students and partners need Edquity more than ever, as Congress has provided $32 billion in emergency aid. Edquity is quickly scaling to ensure it can administer hundreds of millions of dollars to support millions of students during this crisis.
Edquity has raised over $6.5MM in funding from some of the leading impact and postsecondary success investors and has also received support from foundations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Edquity is seeking an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about enhancing financial stability and social mobility in higher education and improving college graduation rates for low and middle-income students.
The Software Engineer will utilize modern architecture and technology in a collaborative environment and should have a keen interest in System Design and Architecture to quickly identify improvements and implement them. The Software Engineer should work towards a vision beyond the daily tasks with a proactive, solutions-oriented mindset and appreciate autonomous responsibility.
This role is full-stack; the Engineer will participate in building and maintaining backend services, optimizing query performance and cost, and use cutting edge frontend technologies to create an incredible user experience.
What you will do:
- Work with designers, product managers, QA engineers, and other developers in a highly collaborative agile environment.
- Create new products and features to match business needs while maintaining our current product.
- Improve code quality for performance and scalability as well as write rigorous and thorough tests to ensure code stability.
- Review code to keep code style consistent, share best practices, and identify and prioritize technical improvements.
- Build for scale, availability, performance, and security across the stack.
What you should have:
- Experience working in AWS
- Git: Professional experience with version control
- SQL: Experience building data models and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience building/maintaining web apps in production, and testing front and backend code and TDD
- A strong work ethic: ability to be self motivated and take ownership over tasks
- A strong belief in equity and a desire to reduce structural inequality
Nice to haves:
- A passion for startups, working with small teams, and scaling them
- Experience in developing algorithms
- Experience working in microservices or breaking up a monolithic API into microservices
- Experience working with large datasets and have the ability to manipulate them to achieve business needs
- Knowledge in other programming languages (Golang, C#, etc)
- Fully Paid Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Potential for Equity
- Many others!
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.