Software Development Engineer, Front-end
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (8%)
Title: Software Development Engineer, Front-end
Location: United States – Remote
LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is a leading customer engagement company, creating digital experiences powered by Curiously Human AI. Every person is unique, and our technology makes it possible for companies, including leading brands like HSBC, Orange, and GM Financial, to treat their audiences that way at scale. Nearly a billion conversational interactions are powered by our Conversational Cloud each month.
You’ll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we’re building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you’re someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and grow and believe decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the wellbeing of others and yourself.
We are looking for a savvy Frontend Engineer to help us build automation driven and AI-powered applications. The ideal candidate is an experienced frontend engineer who enjoys building end-to-end systems and building them from the ground up. The candidate will collaborate with our software developers, database architects, and data scientists on projects ranging from ad hoc research to deploying and monitoring production grade applications.
The hire will be responsible for building tools and applications for data centric systems, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the software development needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Build and maintain scalable web applications with interactive and reactive UI
- Develop with web frameworks such as Node.js, React, and JQuery
- Build concept UI design and develop frontend modules to deliver the best possible user experience for applications.
- Work closely with backend developers to integrate frontend components with backend APIs.
- Write clean, well-documented, and maintainable code that adheres to best practices and coding standards.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Participate in product and design discussions to help shape the direction of our web applications.
- Develop conversational interfaces that leverage GPT3, GPT3.5, and ChatGPT to provide a seamless and engaging experience for users.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest frontend and conversational interface technologies, and evaluate their potential to improve our products.
- Monitor, test, and optimize designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automating manual processes, optimizing data flows, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and stability.
- Build analytics tools that use the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key performance metrics.
- Engineering tasks include technical design, implementation, testing, support and participation in peer code reviews.
- Collaborate and interact with multiple engineering and Product teams for the end-to-end implementation of new tools and applications.
5+ years of experience in development with web frameworks for interactive and reactive UI
- 3+ years of experience in development with Microservices, RESTful API, backend systems
- 3+ years of experience in development with databases, SQL
- 2+ years of experience in public cloud
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative field.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- At least one front-end development framework – React / Angular / Vue
- Develop applications that use web authentication methods such as OAuth, JWT, etc
- Code repository and deployment pipelines – GIT, Docker, Kubernetes
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL / MySQL and MongoDB / Cassandra.
- Strong track record in designing systems for scalability, performance, and reliability
- AWS-based cloud services: API Gateway, Lambda, Load Balancer, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Node, Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git.
- Experience building with Agile development methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative environment and simultaneously be a self-starter with strong individual contributions.
The salary range for this role will be between $115,000 to $160,000. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to, your location, and your skills, experience, education, and/or certifications. During the phone screening, the recruiter will provide the location-specific salary range for this role. The compensation package also includes the following benefits, which may be updated from time to time:
- Health: medical, mental, dental, and vision
- Time away: Discretionary PTO and 11 public holidays
- Financial: 401K, ESPP, Basic life and AD&D insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- Family: parental leave, maternity support, fertility services
- Development: tuition reimbursement, native AI learning
- Additional: 24/7 access to professional counselors, voluntary ins. coverage, exclusive perks and discounts
Why you’ll love working here:
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let’s just say we’re very proud to be on Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek’s list of most-loved workplaces. At LivePerson, the option to work remotely has helped shape who we are today: a collective of innovators and industry leaders working toward the same vision. While we maintain hubs in NY and Seattle as well as WeWork locations across the globe, our employees choose the environments that work best for them from anywhere in North America.
Belonging at LivePerson:
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.