Software Developer PowerDNS - Full or Part Time
(PDNS02_22 - Netherlands / Germany / Italy / Spain / France / Finland )
- Part time option -
The job in a nutshell
We are the PowerDNS team, and we are looking for an experienced developer with a particular affinity for Golang. Next to the C++-based Open-Source DNS solutions we build and maintain, we also have a suite of complimentary Golang- based closed-source solutions and modules, such as a control plane for distributed Authoritative DNS, a DNS-filtering solution, and a DNS- orchestration solution. As a Software Developer for PowerDNS you will use your knowledge and experience with Golang and DNS to contribute to these solutions and modules. The PowerDNS main office is in The Hague, but you are free to work from home in The Netherlands or one of the other European countries where Open-Xchange has entities.
This can either be on a full time basis or part time.
The job in bullet points
- Contribute to the development of various Golang-based DNS solutions and software modules
- Design and implement smart solutions to consistency and distribution problems
- Not doing anything twice by automating everything
- Support our Sales Engineering and Support teams with technical questions or issues from customers
- Continuously improve yourself and the products by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Software development experience using Golang (C++, Python, or Lua are a plus, as is any front-end experience)
- Ability to cooperatively establish requirements, design and implement complex systems
- Knowledge of and experience with networking protocols like TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, and especially DNS
- Affinity with CI/CD workflows and tooling
- Knowledge of and experience with application development and deployment in Kubernetes environments; familiar with Helm, Operators, CRDs, CNI, CRI, etc.
- Troubleshooting skills that go from code to systems to network and everything in between
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Our offer to you
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- A culture of open and frequent feedback
- Workshops and Team events
- Continuous personal development & training
- A company pension scheme
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Further country related benefits (e.g. company sports)
Who we are
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – OX Cloud, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via recruiting@open- xchange.com.