Software Developer - Back-End Engineering
- USA Only
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal - with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it - from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want - clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Senior Software Developer – Back End – Minneapolis or Remote
Bind is seeking a Senior Back End Engineer who is ready to leverage their strong engineering skills and modern technology to build our innovative platform and drive efficiency for the health insurance space.
- Design and build scalable and highly available backend services and APIs
- Test, deploy and analyze data assets with a high level of autonomy and limited friction
- Document technical designs and implementations
- Measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services.
- Develop and expand an evolving engineering/product ecosystem
- Help build a strong architectural foundation for the company
- Stay up to speed on new technologies and introduce them to your teammates
- Collaborate closely and effectively with Product Managers, key stakeholders, and other colleagues in clearly and effectively executing features/stories through code
- 5+ years of experience in software backend development and coding in various languages
- 2+ years of Java expertise
- Proficient in Java, Spring Boot, SQL
- Strong knowledge of AWS, Jenkins, and Microservice Architecture.
- Experience with streaming systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ or Kinesis
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Proven competency in software design patterns and knowledge of best practices
- Strong data modeling aptitude
- Hands-on experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Ability to solve production issues independently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and presentation abilities
- Ability to translate product requirements into technical directions
- BS in computer science, engineering or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working within Agile environments: Scrum or Kanban
- Passionate about healthy team culture and collaboration
- Thrive in rapidly changing environment
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and tools
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.