- USA Only
Job ID: R082786
- San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Austin, Texas, United States of America
- Dallas, Texas, United States of America
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a(n) Software Developer within PNC’s ET&S organization, you will be based in anywhere PNC has a footprint or remote.
Experience with Windows App Servers, SQL Servers and Informatica. Any experience with the Aris Platform is highly desirable.
- Develops, tests and implements software solutions.
- Designs software solutions to address business needs.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
- Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
- Application Maintenance – Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
- Application Testing – Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
- Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
- System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
- Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Technical Writing/Documentation – Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
- Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back- up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives.