Senior WordPress Developer
- North America
- 5 applicants (26%)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10) AST (UTC -4) NST (UTC -3:30)
SiteCare is looking for an experienced and motivated WordPress Developer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of knowledge and experience related to WordPress, its internal APIs, and all technologies within the WordPress stack.
The candidate should also be results-driven, ambitious, organized, articulate and a self-starter. The Senior WordPress Developer will be responsible for feature development, troubleshooting and debugging, as well as expertly communicating results with the rest of the SiteCare team.
This is a full-time, fully remote position. Compensation is dependent upon experience.
For the Senior WordPress Developert team member to succeed in this role, they must embody SiteCare’s four company values in their day-to-day work:
- Extra Mile
- Develop and extend WordPress plugins, themes, and blocks.
- Contribute to the improvement of SiteCare's Development SOPs.
- Troubleshooting and debugging websites of varying complexities and scale.
- Build pixel-perfect mobile-responsive layouts from Figma designs using custom WordPress themes.
- Leverage WordPress APIs and extend the WordPress admin experience.
- Help develop systems to improve efficiency for WordPress maintenance routines.
- Balance current projects with incoming tasks, and being able to differentiate between importance and urgency.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a testing environment. Help develop testing protocols and procedures to continuously improve confidence in project delivery.
- Fix bugs and build new features for clients
- Optimize website performance for for Google PageSpeed and Core Web Vitals
- PHP compatibility testing
- Manage and build deployment pipelines with Buddy
- At least five years experience in Full Stack WordPress web development.
- Five years of previous Agency experience
- Experience with troubleshooting tools like Xdebug, Query Monitor, Developer Tools, New Relic, etc.
- Experience building custom blocks in the Gutenberg block editor.
- Familiarity and experience with WordPress Multisite and experience working with large Multisite Networks
- Ability to set up a local environment and expertly debug performance and caching issues across environments.
- Experience optimizing website performance to improve metrics like PageSpeed and Core Web Vitals
- Mastery of verbal and written English; ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Previous remote working experience
- A market-related salary based on your experience
- We’re a fully remote team
- Work from wherever you have access to a fast internet connection.
- Quarterly profit distributions
- Quarterly personal development stipend
- A technology stipend of $2000 every two years