Senior Staff Fullstack Engineer - Intelligent Support Products
Title: Senior Staff Fullstack Engineer – Intelligent Support Products
Location: San Francisco, CA
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Intelligent Support Platform at Airbnb:
The Airbnb Community Support (CS) team is a global business unit that provides support to our Community of millions of guests and hosts who take trips and join experiences around the world every year. Within CS, the Community Support Platform (CSP) team is responsible for the product and technology that enables an intelligent, scalable and exceptional service experience. To accelerate the product and technology development, CSP recently launched project Quantum Leap and formed the Intelligent Support Platform and Product (ISPP) team within CSP. ISPP builds platform capabilities with core components and services to empower support product teams in CSP and other Airbnb business units to develop intelligent and personalized community support experiences. ISPP also owns the user-facing CS products and experiences.
About the role:
As a senior technical individual contributor, you will bring a unique skill set and experience to our organization, lead the architecture and design of the product and experience sub-org in ISPP, and work to solve some of the broader technical challenges within the organization. You will work both on the overall ISPP architecture and future vision for the business, but will also lend expertise to specific teams and deep dive into projects as needed.
Our engineering organization is one where we value everyone’s input and ideas. Although you will be at the Senior Staff level, all individual contributors at Airbnb are Software Engineers, will be expected to be hands on, and contribute code.
What you will do:
- Define overall technical architecture for major parts of the Intelligent Support Platform and Product, focusing on the Product and Experience sub-org
- Architect large scale reliable systems to support continuous growth of the business
- Influence the organization, engineering leaders, product managers, and the business to develop a unified approach to Community Support Platform
- Understand how key technical decisions will drive business outcomes
- Perform design and code reviews and advise/mentor other engineers at Airbnb
- Champion the best engineering practices and build the engineering excellence culture in the organization
What we are looking for:
- 10-15+ years relevant experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Experience building, leading, and architecting large systems at enterprise scale with a great impact (e.g. including well-designed APIs, applicable user interfaces, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Technical leadership with hands on experience leading project teams and setting technical direction and strategy
- Experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects
- Strong communication and collaboration skills & ability to lead high-level discussions on technology strategy and approach
Live & Work Anywhere!
When you work at Airbnb, you can live and work anywhere. You can work remotely, or in one of our offices across the world. We’ll get together regularly to build connections with our team members and partners. We will work with you to figure out the best arrangement for you and the team.
The starting base pay for this role is between $220,000 and $295,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.